8. The Gang's All Here

The party gathered around a campfire started with the help of Yoongi. Jin began filling and stirring the pot, with ingredients helpfully prepared by the other boys.

"I'm Hoseok," said the archer through mouthfuls of stew. The boys introduced themselves as well, taking the time to go through each member's abilities and strengths now that they've had the time to sit down and unwind.

"I'm so excited to be part of your team! I think I'm really good at, you know, archery," Hoseok jumped to his feet and mimed pulling an arrow and letting it go into the sky.

"Namjoon is our strong warrior," he dug his feet into the ground and held an arm in front of him as if holding a shield, "Jin is good with a knife," he slashed a few times in the air, "Yoongi can literally spit fire," he opened his mouth and breathed out like a dragon, "Jimin can move water and heal," he waved his arms from side to side, "Taehyung comes out of the shadows with daggers," he slashed the air with two arms this time, "and Bunny here is... well... he's adorable!" he happily ruffled Jungkook's hair, who pouted.

As Jin continued to stir the pot of stew, little squirrels and rabbits and chipmunks began to gather close. The other members watched in amazement as Jin brushed it off, "Oh, this always happens when I cook. The smell of my cooking attracts so many animals, and I just look so handsome that they stay to watch."

He started filling bowls with spicy pork stew when a large grey wolf emerged through the trees. The boys were startled, and Hoseok was trying to calm down his horse, when Jin exclaimed, "Wait! I'm going to try something."

Slowly, he raised an arm at the wolf, pressed his index finger and thumb together, and flashed a finger heart and a charming smile.

Intrigued, the wolf advanced toward Jin while the others waited with bated breath. Then, it licked Jin's hand and nuzzled his arm.

"Wow," Jungkook whispered in awe.

Everyone stared at Jin as he rolled around on the floor with his new companion, except Yoongi who started to casually take a nap.

"He's a natural ranger," Taehyung remarked.

"Cute!" Jimin crooned at the wolf, getting up to give it pets.

"Wish I had some seafood," Jin mumbled when he sat up. His wolf friend took the chance to help itself to a portion of leftover stew. "Abalone, mackerel, octopus, pollack, mmm..."

"Ew," Namjoon replied. "Meat is so much better than fish."

"Hey! But I really want fish, okay?!"

◕ ◕ ◕

They finally arrived at their destination on the backs of horses that Hoseok had been able to procure for them. One horse, however, arrived much less weary than the others because Jungkook kept being dragged onto either Taehyung or Jimin's horse. Upon dismount, the party found themselves clustered around the bottom of the hill that the cave was reportedly on. Before beginning the ascent, Namjoon stopped the members.

"We need a plan. We can't barge in there unprepared; he'll destroy us. We need to show coherency, teamwork, and skill. Let's stay here until morning, and train."

For 12 hours straight, the members sparred and practiced their fighting against each other. Then they agreed to a good night's rest and to launch their attack in the morning.

◕ ◕ ◕