CHAPTER 3

Just added a picture of Ant's and the rest of the images cells ☹️

I just got back from my holiday so have finally had the time to do some editing which is why I've been updating so much... hope you enjoy this chapter, sorry it's a tad slow

The next day, Anthony was sitting in a chair inside the Warden's office and still couldn't believe he'd gotten caught. He was the best in the biz and yet he was caught by one of the new meats. He'd have to teach that little snitch a lesson soon, before he got killed. That's how Ant always saw it: If he didn't do it, someone else a lot less forgiving would teach the kids in a way they probably wouldn't survive. And now he was sitting in front of the warden's desk, Officer Barlow and Officer Patterson behind him on either side making sure he didn't break out of his handcuffs.

Warden Cowell came in, ignoring everyone whilst giving his PA, some instructions about some irrelevant meeting. Ant laughed to himself at the height of the wardens trousers that never ceased to amuse him. He didn't say anything though. No one f**ked with Cowell if they wanted to get out. Once the PA had left he turned to his filing cabinet. "That will be all officers," He dismissed them both without looking up from Ant's file.

"McPartlin, you are aware of what the word 'contraband' means, correct?" Mr Cowell fixed him with that iron gaze that made even the most hardened of boys want to squirm.

Ant resisted the urge. "Yeah, what of it?"

"It seems you've been caught smuggling contraband items such as cigarettes, and... pantyhose and makeup?"

"Aye, One of the guys wanted to get his boyfriend something nice, so what?" Ant shrugged.

"Anthony, please understand that you're here only at my sufferance. Too many indiscretions like this will put you into one of the more... unsavory facilities where continued education isn't something they worry about."

"I dropped out of high school for a reason man."

"Yes, I see how far that's gotten you." Ant glared at his impassive face before looking away. "Look," his voice was suddenly tired. "Stop doing things like this. I don't want to send you to a place like that. I like you, you're a good lad."

"So you aren't gonna punish me?" he asked hopefully.

"Yes, I am." He cocked his head, contemplating the folder in his hands . "You're going to be put on janitorial and road crew duties until further notice, and in the mean time, I want you to knock off the betting pool on Mr. Donnelly."

"You know about that?" he blinked. Simon just looked at him and Ant slumped back in his chair, crossing his arms defeatedly. "Of course you know, you know everything that happens in this place."

"Too right. If you can't behave, I'll make you join a second class with him."

"Yeah? And what class would that be?Midgets 101?"

Simon regarded him sternly. "Consider yourself an official student of Mr.Donnelly every Tuesday and Thursday in Auditorium C, McPartlin." He wrote it down in his file.

He groaned. "Come on, it was just a joke!"

"I'm aware of that. That's why I'm signing you up. That class could use a comedian or two." The warden opened the door and beckoned the guards.

"You could use a comedian or two," he muttered as Barlow and Patterson came in and hauled him up by his elbows. Normally he'd make it difficult for Patterson but he respected Barlow so co-operated, albeit reluctantly.

Simon waited at the door, they were around the same height so managed to look the older man in the eye grumpily. "Cheer up Anthony," his mouth twitched. "I'm predicting you and Mr.Donnelly are going to become fast friends."