Life goes on

The meeting gets over around ten o'clock in the morning and after that I head to my company, Jung cosmetics, as soon as I can.

After getting there, I go to my office and go through the files for the JYP deal.

Around one, there is a knock at my door.

"Come in." I say out loud and the wooden door opens to reveal Tae, standing there in denim overalls and a black shirt.

"Hey Y/N!" She says as she runs towards me and hugs me tightly. I smile brightly as I hug her back.

"Tae, what are you doing here?" I ask as I hold her hands. "I thought you were gonna leave for Europe today." I say as my eyes take in the sight of this beautiful girl in front of me.

"I am gonna leave right now. I tried calling you but you weren't picking up. I wanted to say goodbye before I left. I'll miss you, Y/N." She hugs me again, this time her eyes a little watery.

"I'll miss you too." I reply, my voice cracking a little. I am going to miss her, a lot. She was one of the constants in my life up till now and saying goodbye is hard.

Tae is moving to Europe to study further and is leaving today. I went to her house yesterday and we had a little party, just the two of us. But since I am extremely busy today, I couldn't go to drop her off at the airport.

"So ... goodbye Y/N. I'll miss you." She says as she places a small box on my table.

"I'll miss you to, Tae. Come back soon and call me when you can." I say as she slowly walks to the door. We wave at each other as the door closes.

"I am really going to miss her." I say as I smile at the blue velvet box. I already knew what was in it.

I run my hand over it's soft cover. Memories came flooding back. This was the box where we used to keep my favourite things when we were kids.

I open it and my eyes wander over the familiar things in it. The small books in which we wrote letters to each other. One of the matching matching clips we bought with our first salary that we got from working at the ice cream shop. One of the matching bracelets we bought went we graduated from high school. The cards we played with.

And at last I see the new member of the box, a pair of silver earrings, just like the one I bought her when we graduated. It is an exact match. I remember how much she loved them. These are obviously new.

I move as if in a dream to pick it up and put the small flower shaped earring on. I look into the mirror in the box and admire them.

I'll indeed miss you a lot, Tae.

Heya babies!!!

I am sorry for being late at updating but school is eating up my time.

Thank you for reading.

Hugs and kisses from Cheonsa.