The orphanage

The place was further out then they said it'd be. It took three and a half hours! We finally pulled up to a brown building, surrounded by a gate. A sign on the building read, "St. Joseph's Orphanage For Girls". There was a nun standing on the top step. "Good afternoon, Miss Ross. I'm mother Teresa. Right this way." We walked inside and I set down my bag of things, I didn't have much. "Sister Cora! Hillary has arrived!" Mother Teresa was short, and a little on the heavy side. Not fat, just a little big. She was very formal, she seemed strict. "How old are you Hillary?"

"I'm fifteen"

"There aren't many other girl here. You are however the eldest and I expect you set a good example."

"Will I move from place to place often?"

"Miss Ross. This is an orphanage, not a foster home." She turned her head. "The children!" I looked over to the stairs, a woman, who I assumed was Sister Cora, escorted down four girls. They were dressed in messy clothes that were a but big on them. They must've been here all there lives. They have even less then I do. Wow. I looked down at my things. I mean of coarse, Jimmy had bought me most of it, my dad would never buy me something this nice. Jimmy didn't have a lot of money, he worked at a small corner store that wasn't open often, it never had very many costumers. And I lost my job at a coffee shop six months ago. I feel like a should share with them, but I know my clothes won't fit them, and makeup is expensive. "Introduce yourselves." A little red head girl, wearing a a big white tee shirt as a dress went first. "I-I'm Dezaria. I-I'm f-four." I smiled, she's shy, it's adorable. The next girl had on black basket ball shorts and red tank top. She had long blonde hair. "I'm Riley, I'm twelve." The next two girls looked like twins. They both had black short brown hair, matching black sweats but different colored tees. "I'm Kage, this is my twin Hailey. We're 11"

"Thank you girls, now will you please make your way to the dining room, lunch is waiting. Sister Cora, please show Hillary to her room." We walked up stairs and went down the hall. "There are only three rooms, we can only use two. Dezaria had her own room and somebody broke in a stole all her things. It's a mess. She now shares a room with the twins, you'll be sleeping with Riley."

-Hours later after diner-

I was in my room with Riley. She was already lying in bed. I put on fuzzy black pjs and and blink 182 tee. I heard Dezaria crying. I walked in to see how I could help. "I don't wanna wear this shirt!"

"You have to, you don't have anything else!"

"I've been wearing forever!" I walked in and sat down on her bed. "Wats wrong?"

"She wants to wear something else. But she doesn't have anything else to wear. And she's afraid of the dark, but the twins won't let her use her night light."

"I think I might have something she can wear. And she can sleep with me."

"Thank you Hillary, your a life saver!" I took Dezaria into my room, Riley was sleeping. I changed Dezaria into I eye shirt that's a little tight on me, and a pair of fuzzy night shorts, I had to pull the drawstring tight, so they'd fit. I layed down in my bed next to her. I the light was out but I left the lamp on. "Hillawy? Awe you my sistewr?" It was so cute, she couldn't quite pronounce her r's yet. I'm gonna get along just fine with her. I've just met her and I'm in love already. I smiled a little. "Yes Dizzy, I'm your sister."

"Dizzy!!!" She giggled. "I like that!"

"I do to! Now get some sleep Dizzy."

-in le mañana-

"Wake up girls! Breakfast!" I woke up tired as ever. I sure do wish Jimmy were here. I looked at my phone, which would probly be going out of service soon. I haven't been paying all my bills since I lost my job. I woke up dizzy and let her wear the clothes from last night. I woke up Riley and she got dressed. The twins came in soon after and I got dressed. I put on a pink Floyd tee shirt and black shorts. I put my dirty clothes in the laundry basket and took my makeup bag out. "Wow!! You got makeup! Mother Teresa says make ups to expensive to get for me."

"Aw, I'm sorry Riley. She is right, it's pretty expensive." I finished my make up and we went down stairs to get some breakfast. Sister Cora is going to run some errands and she's going to take me to find a job. I hope I make it, I need money to pay my phone bills.