Chapter 2: Cozy Sleeping [M]

Mina awoke to the feel of a warm hand roaming inside of her shirt. She nearly jolted upright in surprise from a ticklish caress against her breasts, only relaxing a bit once her dream-addled brain realized that it was just Sana's hand that was unconsciously digging within her clothes. Sure enough, as Mina turned to gaze at the beautiful woman lying next to her, Mina's eyes fell upon Sana's slumbering face, a faint, lustful smile on her lips. 

Sleep groping. Classic Sana.

This was the danger of sleeping with Sana in such a small bed. The older girl was close enough that sleep groping was a common occurrence for her. Mina struggled between rolling her eyes in annoyance and crinkling them affectionately at Sana's adorable sleep habits when Sana's hand gave her breast a particularly firm squeeze.

Mina's annoyance won out.

"Damn you, Sana. This was my day to sleep in, too!" Mina murmured, gently extracting Sana's busy hand from her shirt. But the irritation in Mina's voice didn't match her actions as Mina tenderly brought Sana's fingers to her lips. She placed light kisses to each knuckle, watching in amusement as Sana remained fast asleep.

"You don't wake up from this, and yet you woke up the instant I got out of bed early yesterday," Mina idly complained to the sleeping girl, remembering all the whining she had to endure after abandoning Sana in bed.

Mina's midterm paper was due yesterday morning, prompting Mina to wake up extra early yesterday to finish her work since Sana had effectively distracted her the night before. But today was now Saturday, a day off for both of them. And had it not been for Sana's busy hands, it would've been an opportunity for Mina to sleep in for a change.

Mina checked the time. It was 6 AM, even earlier than she had woken up yesterday to finish off her paper. "You'll be the death of me," Mina yawned at Sana, wondering if she should go back to sleep or not.

And almost like it was a response meant to soothe Mina's irritation, a sleeping Sana suddenly murmured, "I love you."

Mina paused mid-yawn and smiled at Sana's peaceful face. She couldn't help but recall the many times that Sana had innocently professed her love like this in her sleep. Sana was a fantastic "sleep do-er" in the sense that Sana often talked to Mina in her sleep, often hugged Mina in her sleep, and had even kissed Mina in her sleep. At this point, Mina was just waiting for the day where Sana decided to have sex with her in her sleep.

"You love me, huh?" Mina murmured back affectionately, knowing that Sana's unconditional love was the one constant that she would always have in her life. "Do you promise to be with me always?"

And although Sana remained asleep, she was unconsciously able to answer her girlfriend's question. "I'll be with you always."

Mina could feel her heart swell with an overwhelming love for Sana in that moment. She and Sana had been together for so long now that there were very few "firsts" for them anymore. Their first confession, first date, first kiss, first 'I love you', first time sleeping together... it was all a thing of the past now. And yet somehow, even though it felt like a lifetime of love had passed between them, sometimes Mina still felt her heart flutter and swell as though everything was happening for the first time.

Mina gently moved in to kiss Sana's lips, smiling as she felt a sleepy Sana respond to her, kissing her back softly. Her smile widened when she felt a little jolt of surprise as Sana woke up mid-kiss, and then Sana's deepening response as she realized what was happening and kissed Mina back more passionately.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty," Mina murmured.

The older girl, dazed and happy, smiled sleepily in response. "Good morning to you, too, Mittang. And as much as I love it when you wake me up like that, didn't we agree to sleep in this morning?" Sana wondered, glancing at the clock on her nightstand.