Chapter 4

Hushed whispers woke Gabby up the next morning. She let out a groan and the whispers stopped. When she opened her eyes she was met with Antonio and Laura in her room.

"Hey, baby sis, how are you feeling?" Antonio asked, a concerned look on his face.

"I'm not a baby, Antonio." Gabby mumbled. "I'm fine."

"You know that's not what he's talking about, Gabby." Laura spoke up.

Gabby sighed and felt a tear escape her eye and roll down her cheek. "I don't know how to feel. I went to visit him yesterday and I just couldn't. A day ago he knew who I was and then I walk in there and he doesn't know who I am. Dr. Halstead said it would be best if Matt came home with me."

Antonio frowned. "It would be best? If anything this is going to hurt you more. Why doesn't he move in with Kelly?"

"Because the past months he spent most of his time with me and living in our apartment together. Dr. Halstead believes if we keep him around people he spends a lot of time with and around places he knows best that it could help him remember. I think the hardest part is gonna be having to hide everything in our apartment that shows we're together."

"Why would you need to do that?" Laura asked.

"He doesn't know me, Laura. He doesn't know who I am. If he doesn't get his memories back, there's no telling if he's going to fall in love with me again. And if he sees those pictures and everything else he's going to feel forced to be with me and I don't want that."

Laura reached over and grabbed Gabby's hand. "Gabby, I know Matt is going to get his memories and I know that until then, that man is going to fall head over heels for you all over again. The love that exists between you two doesn't just disappear."

"Laura's right," Antonio said, "You know I get very protective over you. Especially when it comes who you date. When I realized you had feelings for him and then you told me that he was taken I was worried. I was worried you would get your heart broken and would put those walls of yours up again. Later on I realized that Matt actually had feelings for you while in a relationship and I just hoped he could get his feeling sorted out without hurting you. When you two finally got together I knew he was the one for you. He looks at you the way dad looks at mom, ever since you were a little girl you said you wanted a love like that. You have it Gabs, this is just another obstacle being thrown at you two and you both will make it through this and come out stronger."

"Thanks, Tonio. You too, Laura. I don't know what I would do if it was just Matt and I. Um, also I wanted give you guys some news," She placed a hand on her stomach and smiled. "I'm pregnant."

A smile grew on Antonio's face and tears flooded his eyes as he pulled his sister into a hug the best way he could while she was in the bed. "Are you serious? I'm going to be an uncle finally!"

"Congratulations, Gabby! I'm so happy for you two." Laura said, also pulling her in for a hug.

"Does Matt know?" Antonio asked and felt his heart break for his little sister when the smile on her face fell.

"I was going to tell him, but like you know these past weeks were tough and was just constant arguing. I told Chief I wasn't sure if all that was going to end with a break up and I didn't tell him because then he would just be with me because of the baby. We finally talked everything out and just when I was going to tell him this happens." She explained, tears once again making their way down her cheeks.

"He's gonna remember, Gabs and you will have the chance to tell him. He's going to be over the moon when you do." Antonio reassured.

"That's what Shay told me." Gabby smiled and pushed the blankets off her and sat up. "I told him I would visit him so I think i'm going to head there." Gabby stated as she got up from the bed, shaking her head when Antonio asked if she needed help getting there. When she got there she saw that all of his things were still there but the bed was empty and began to panic. Quickly she made her way back out and found April.