Confession

Valkyrie stood next to a tree on a hill outside of Roarhaven. She smiled when she heard the Bentley nearing. She had been waiting for Skulduggery after telling him to meet her here.

Valkyrie looked ahead of her to see Skulduggery striding gracefully towards her.

"Valkyrie. What did you want to tell me?" He says, standing directly in front of her.

"I, have to confess something." 

Valkyrie shyly looks away, not being able to look at Skulduggery. "Hey. You can tell me anything."

He cups her cheek and lifts her head up. "I know, it's just..." She trails off.

A piece of hair falls into her face. Skulduggery immediately tucks her hair behind her ear. "I... I love you..." Valkyrie trails off again.

"Yes?"

"I love you... in... more than a friend way."

Skulduggery's not existent heart does a flip. He remains silent, lost for words for the first time in his life. "It's okay, I know you don't feel the same way. You don't have to say anything I just needed to tell you-" 

"I feel the same way, Valkyrie." Skulduggery finally says after finding his voice.

She looks into his eye sockets and her glassy eyes glisten in the sun. "Really?"

"Yes."

Valkyrie crushes into Skulduggery's bony frame, causing him to stagger back a step. He feels Valkyrie shaking. "Hey, it's okay." Skulduggery tightens his hold. "I'm here now. Don't cry." He says softly.

Neither of them knew how long they had been in each other's arms but nothing else seemed to matter. Eventually they parted. "Don't ever leave me, please." Valkyrie says.

Skulduggery activate his façade and wrapped his arms around Valkyrie's waist, pulling her close to him. "I wouldn't dream of it, dear." He replies.

Valkyrie smiled and wrapped her own arms around his neck and closing the space between them. They seemed to melt at each other's touch. Valkyrie tenderly placed a kiss on Skulduggery's façade. He eagerly kissed her back. She chuckled into the kiss and she could feel Skulduggery smirk against their lips.

Once they involuntarily removed themselves from each other, Skulduggery removed his waxy face. "Valkyrie, I love you so much, but I can't give you anything."

"The only thing I want you to give me, is you. I love your sarcasm, your humour, your personality... your big ego. And that's all I want. You. I don't care about your lack of skin. I love you for you, Skulduggery." She replies.

Skulduggery was stunned. "How did I get so damn lucky?"

"I was thinking the same thing." Valkyrie replies, kissing his teeth.

She was about to pull away from him but Skulduggery put a hand on her back, leaning into her lips. Valkyrie was surprised by how little she cared for the lack of lips Skulduggery had.

Skulduggery tilts his head to show he was smiling and removed his hand to activate his façade once again. A waxy face flowed onto his skull and smirked. "My turn."

And their lips met once again.