Chapter 29. Peter

Chapter 29. Peter:

She's dying. Abraxan got to her. He broke her barriers. What do we do?

Excuse me...you're the one dying. He just shot you. Yeah, yeah, we're burning on the ground, and life is sort of fading away from us. Where the fuck is Jean?

We'll figure that out, right now, you need to not die. Right, not die. Feels kind of freeing you know, the fire coursing through our body, almost like a cleansing, I should thank the creep really. Death by baptism.

Would you shut up and stop dying already? But, this is fun, we're bonding.

Bond later, Defeat Abraxan now.

He could feel the flames licking at his skin, the sensation of every pore of his body on fire. Literally. He screamed a feral cry like he remembered that he was in pain.

His breathing was in a rapid succession, he wasn't sure what to do, and he was sure he felt Vyrima's warm hand on his face, trying to slap some sense into him.

Keep going Vyrima. Slap. Slap. Slap.

Warmer. Slap. Slap. Slap.

Darkness swirled around him, like tendrils, fingers reaching out around him. Lightning strikes overhead flashed every other moment.

He was wondering whether this would be a 'life flashing before your eyes' moment, but he knew that this probably wasn't it. Not yet.

Aries's eyes filled his vision, what he could see. A deep bright emerald green. His tail, alert, bushy, and black, the hues melting in with the cold pitch dark red of the surrounding cavern, like a web of death.

"Look into my eyes, vampire, my awesome vampire full of fury and spirit. Let me show you the light." He panted, and his tongue began lolling out of his mouth.

Eventually, the sensation began to fade, and Peter reached inside himself and felt his inner grace kick in, felt his eyes burn but in a different way. He sat up, saw Abraxan trying again with Orion and Vyrima to kill them or play with them. Orion had built a shield, and his own web that he'd trapped some of the children in, and various wolf faces were glimmering, a full moon shining above. Orion had snarled with his mouth, which had elongated into a snout, full wolf.

Vyrima had pushed Abraxan into a web of her own design and many of the children were dancing around Abraxan.

"The girl knows how to play. The girl knows how to play. Abraxan the Gatekeeper is being shown a new game, a new way. The girl knows how to play." Chants were starting.

Abraxan cackled, and all light disappeared, Peter couldn't see anything as he stood up shakily, he heard Vyrima's panting, Orion's grunting. But he couldn't see anything.

Then a dark orange light flashed above and struck all three of them, stringing them together into a dark silky web. Blood began to pool around it, drip, drip, drip.

Drip, drip, drip.

Forms crossed over the web, and the orange light flashed in and out, like a slow strobe.

Peter, Vyrima and Orion were stuck, and a man, what looked like a man, hissed and screamed, his eyes were stitched shut, his mouth full of razor-sharp teeth, Peter could feel the warmth of his breath, the acrid smell of blood and probably guts in his mouth.

A giant spider spun more web as it circled them, two of its legs working in rabid formation, the hairs on its legs, spindly and wiry. The head, a girl's head, her eyes blood red, and her mouth dripping with green venom.