Waiting

A/N  this was a bitch to write. It took so long

Law♡

Waiting for Zoro and Sanji's wedding was slow. The weeks seemed to take months to go by. Luffy going back and forth between ours and Sabo's home was even worse. What if something happened at the airport again? What if Luffy was jumped again. 

In every previous situation, it seemed that sheer luck was the only thing that kept Luffy and me alive. Luck was bound to run out eventually. I couldn't fathom a reason to rely on something so...improptu. 

Every time Luffy missed one of my calls was nerve-wracking. Usually, it was mere moments before Luffy called back, assuring that he was fine. Luffy was as worried as I was and that was even more concerning.

Every single time my mind went to Dellinger. Luffy wasn't doing much better. By the time I got off work, I had a string of texts from Luffy and several phone calls. Some days from Fai too. 
The silence on Dellinger's end kept me up at night. Why would he stop? Maybe he had a short deal with Blackbeard? Or because Blackbeard was in jail... 

It did no use to dwell on it. There wasn't anything I could do other than getting Fai back in Dressrosa to help get information on Dellinger and Blackbeard. In fact, it was alarming how quickly Fai agreed to help with this. I was amazed that she did without hesitation, almost scared. In fact, she came up with a good idea to get Dellinger to trust her. 

"God, just hit me already, you fucking dweeb," Fai rolled her eyes at me. We had been standing behind the couch bickering like this for nearly five minutes while Luffy watched from the couch.

"I can't," I repeated. I've said this far too many times. 

"Is it because I'm a girl?" She asked with her hands on her hips. 

"That has nothing- I wouldn't hit Luffy either." I retorted. How the actual fuck was I supposed to hit her hard enough to hurt her?

"That doesn't count, he's your boyfriend! You'd hit Buffalo." 

"Buffalo would fucking ask for it," I snapped.  Bad word choice there Law, seriously?

"I am literally, standing here, asking you to hit me," Fai stated, looking at me as if I had just lost about a million brain cells. 

"Fuck off." Fai shoved me. "Fai quit." Luffy rested his chin on the back of the couch and sighed.

"You guys are weird." He muttered. 

"How the hell am I supposed to convince Dellinger to trust me if I don't go to Dressrosa all beaten up?" Fai demanded. 

"I don't know." 

"Then man up and hit me. Bruises will heal." I sighed and clenched my fist. This really sucked.
How the hell was I supposed to hit her? I swung my fist and Fai flinched. I stopped. 

"I can't," I said yet again. 

"Yes, you can," Fai said. 

"Just think about when I told you I was keeping tabs on you for Doffy," She said.  

"I don't care about that anymore." 

"Fine, I slept with Luffy," Fai said, sticking her nose in the air. 

"What?" Luffy asked. He scrunched his nose. "I would never sleep with you, that's weird." 

"I think I'd be more upset with Luffy over that than with you," I muttered. "Still, I wouldn't hit you."

"You're being difficult," Fai huffed. 

"This is stupid," I said. 

"Then hit me and get it over with." Fai crossed her arms. "Hurry up, before I have to wait for the next train."