Chapter Seven

It was eight in the morning of the next day and Rain was already up and running; her first workshop was today. She was in the middle of getting ready when she heard someone type in the pass-code to enter her apartment.

"I have arrived, child. I bring breakfast! Today will be a very long and important day," said Eunae in a caring manner. "Alright, we should leave at about nine; we still have time to eat calmly."

"Okay, I thought we had to leave already," replied Rain while finishing off her makeup.

Eunae entered Rain's room. She breathed in and sat on the edge of the bed. She wore cream dress pants and a pale pink blouse; her makeup matched her look, as she had rosy cheeks and lips. Her mahogany hair was pulled up in messy, yet professional, bun; some streaks of shorter fiery hair framed her small face. Her brown eyes twinkled as she observed Rain working on her art. Eunae had noted that Rain only wore certain colors while she peaked at the younger's closet. Most of the clothes she brought had some kind of black. The clothes were a mixture of obsidian, grays, reds, creams, tans, greens, and other muted colors; everything was toned down, save for a few brighter pieces. Eunae would describe Rain's style as calm and sophisticated; she had many fancy pieces: even her casual clothing could pass as something a bit more dressed up.

She also noticed how Rain did not bring any high heels with her; her shoes looked very comfortable and appropriate for any occasion. She believed that her style was parallel to her cool exterior personality. That simplicity was complimented by her complex makeup techniques. Overall, Rain always managed to look balanced in Eunae's eyes. The Korean translator was very intrigued by her client's personality, as she seemed like a genuine and very interesting individual.

Eunae snapped out of her trance when she noticed Rain struggling with her luscious hair. It was washed and half dry, the ashy blonde peaking through long wet streaks; but it was hard  for her to tame it into a half up look. Eunae quickly rose from the bed and went over to the short foreigner's beauty station.

"Want some help? I may not be great with makeup, but I can surely be better than average hair-wise." Rain nodded and gave Eunae a small grin of gratitude. She then handed the tools to the master.

"Don't brush the ends. If you do, my hair will get severely puffy and ugly," Rain quipped from her seat.

"Do not worry, my friend. I know what I am doing," Eunae replied while looking at Rain through the mirror. "Those engineers are going to drool over you."

Rain laughed and shook her head. "I've met a lot of engineers in my life and I am certain that I do not want to date one. I don't want to stereotype, but most of whom I've met are boring or stuck up."

"Eww," replied Eunae. "I'll introduce you to my brother. He's the antithesis of what you just said."

"It seems like you want to hook me up with your brother," Rain laughed loudly at her own cheeky comment.

"Perhaps... I showed him your YouTube channel and your Instagram. He said, and I quote, 'she's beautiful. Introduce her to me, please'. I'll show him to you once I'm done with your hair."

"You're crazy, Eunae. Stop lying to me!"

"Hey, I'm just caring for my little brother. You're all set."

"Wow, you even did a twist thing," Rain was very impressed as to how great her hair had turned out. "It's beautiful! Thank you so much, Eunae."

"No need to thank me, I hope I can do your hair again!"

Both women headed to the kitchen. Rain was wearing a black blouse with lace detailing and dress pants; her shoes would be sandals. Before applying her lipstick, she decided to eat the breakfast Eunae brought.