Chapter 5

After the whole Justin debacle, we go downstairs, to ask Dianna how to do this. I see her on the patio talking to Demi so we go outside. As Jessie makes conversation with Demi I go up to her.

"So my brother is taking me to go get my new phone. What phone company do you have?"

She goes, "I really wish you would've waited for Eddie and I to take you but we have AT&T. I'll message you the account number. Also please try and get the same phone number."

I laugh a little and she goes, "What?"

"If I'm going to a phone store to get a phone, how are you going to text me?"

She rolls her eyes, "Whatever, you know what I mean. I'll text Max now, remember, you need to be back here at 11:30 at the latest!"

I say, "You don't have to text him. Justin is going with Jessie and I."

"Are you sure, the papz are probably going to be hounding you."

"It's not like we're going to be outside for that long. We're gonna go to the Apple Store and come back."

"Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you."

I smile and give her a hug. I tell Jessie we gotta go, and give Demi a hug also.

"Where you going?"

I say quickly before turning around, "The Apple store."

"Why don't I come?"

I take a deep breath and turn back around, "Are you sure? You have a pretty long day ahead of you."

"Nah, I only have a week or two left before I go back on tour. I've been spending a lot of time with the fam."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, why are you being so weird?"

I shrug and help her up. What she doesn't know is that my brother really doesn't like her. I don't know why but he thinks she is mad annoying. She might be a bit hyper active but she's a lot like me. Also she is pregnant so that is a big red flag for the whole hormone thing... Maybe he has a secret crush. Just kidding, ew.She's already dressed so when Justin came downstairs we were ready to go. He rolls his eyes when Demi turns around. I shake my head as we walk into the driveway.

"What car are we taking?"

Justin replies, "Let's just take the SUV."

Demi laughs, "We are riding in style my friends."

She takes keys out of her pocket and hits the unlock button. I notice what looks like a silver Mercedes convertible.

Us youngsters all yell, "I call shot gun!"

All of us run to the passenger's side of the car and Jessie of course wins. I didn't go half way when that happens, something I haven't been taught in physical therapy.

As we all get into the car Demi cackles, "Whoa, what even just happened?"

I say, "Bro you need to step up the running game."

Before I could continue, he gives me a dirty look and I just shut up.

Demi turns on the car and the radio, and a country station turns on. My brother and I just look at each other. I speak up, "Hey, can you put on kiss fm or a hip-hop station?"

She says, "What you don't like country?"

I say, "It's not that. We're all aren't used to it."

Demi shrugs and keeps driving. After a couple of songs she says, "I guess I made you guys suffer enough." She switches it, and Turn It Down For What comes on.