- 2 -

C H A P T E R T W O

MARK didn't know what to think after that accident yesterday, but shrugged it off as he sat at home. He was watching some tv from a horrible cracked screen. Cheap. He scoffed at the word his thought came up with.

He wasn't even paying attention to the animations though, what was on his mind was a silver haired tease with a cute smile. He shook his head as he frowned upon himself in foolishness.

He didn't even know this boy.

Mark thought about his name for a moment. Haechan.

'Sounds cliche,' Mark thought as he stretched himself on a ripped up couch.

He gave a slight cough as he smelled smoke through the house, and breathed heavily out. He furrowed his eyebrows as a loud cough came from the other room.

Mark turned his head when he heard footsteps come down the short hallway, and there he saw his father with a cigarette hanging from his lips. Mark watched as he went into the kitchen, and then made eye contact with him.

Mark felt his heart speed up for a split moment.

"What are you doin here?" His father asked, and Mark lifted his eyebrow in offense.

"I live here." He said flatly.

"Yea but shouldn't you be at a- at a job or somethin?" Another cough came after the sentence, and Mark only shook his head as he laid back down. Watching the animations.

"I don't have one." He whispered carelessly.

"Well then get one, stop bein lazy for God's sake and do somethin." His father raised his voice a little, and Mark couldn't help but flinch at the tone.

"They won't hire me." Mark said in a small tone.

"Well do somethin with you life then, stop being a old hag and get out. I don't want you just sittin here in my house gettin old." His father said, and hacked a little as he blew out some smoke.

Mark almost rolled his eyes, and got up from the couch.

"Well maybe if mom was still here you would be one." Mark spat back, anger rising.

His father turned around swiftly, almost stumbling like a drunk man, to make eye contact with the other. Mark almost gulped as he saw the glare in his fathers eyes.

"What did you just say boy?" His fathers breathing was uneven, and Mark could tell by the cigarette falling from his lips.

Mark felt his anxiety kick in as he held his breath.

It crashed onto the floor, and his father looked down with a slow reaction. Once he saw his cigarette on the ground, he looked back at the other, anger filled in his eyes.

"Now look what you did!" His father yelled and Mark then snapped back into reality when he felt a harsh slap sent across his face. He felt a slight burn in his upper cheek as he stumbled back.

"Useless! Useless!" His father yelled as he staggered closer to the boy, but Mark was quick enough to realize he needed to get out of there. So he ran, he turned and ran out the door. Not turning back, he ran down the sidewalk.