14

I didn't care that I was being recorded but instead I run to my brother. We meet halfway down the corridor and I jump in to my big brothers arms. Our bodies shake with sobs.

"You're alright. You're alive. You're alive." He continuously repeats

"Finnick I-I-I'm not alright. I-I-I-"

"I know. But believe me when I say it gets easier. We're all here to help you, no matter what." He lets go of me and I see Annie behind him with tears streaming down her face. I sprint towards her and give a massive hug. We don't say anything because there's nothing to be said. The hug says it all. She lets go and I go over to Beau. Before o could do anything she grabs me and brings me in close.

"I'm so glad you're alright darling."

After Beau I receive a hug from Johnston.

"I never said goodbye that day because I knew that you'd make it." He explains.

"Thank you Johnston, for having hope and faith in me when I didn't have it in myself."

"Now let's go get you ready for your interview." He takes my hand and walks me to a dressing room where all my stylists are. They all give me congratulations and praise but why should I be praised for being a cold blooded killer. Johnston hands me over for prep which I'm sure is going to be hellish. I'm placed in front of a mirror and can finally see my appearance from after the games. Even though it was the shortest games ever I can see it's taken a dramatic toll on my body. I'm skinnier after only eating half an energy bar in the past 4 days. The dark circles under my eyes stand out in comparison to my even paler skin. I can see the dry crusted blood under my fingernails which bring on the waterworks.

I'm out in to be showered, scrubbed and waxed. They do a natural makeup whilst Johnston walks in with my outfit. He helps me change and does my hair naturally.

We go to the elevator to the level where we trained as the victor must rise from underneath the stage with their team

We go to the elevator to the level where we trained as the victor must rise from underneath the stage with their team. I see Finnick, Annie and Beau are already there. I walk towards them and I'm showered in compliments. Before I know it it's time to go up.

The national anthem is played as Ceaser greets the audience. First my stylists go up, I can imagine them loving the attention, the applause being music to their ears. Next is Beau, proud as can be waving the her admirers. Next is Johnston, gaining a round of applause and comments about his amazing pieces. Then Annie and Finnick. The cheers are extremely loud and I can hear some comments about my brother that I wish I could unhear. The next think I know is that I can feel the plate rising. The first thing I notice is the blinding lights, much like my first interview but this time the cheer is louder. I plaster a smile on to my face as I see Ceaser approach me. He takes my hand and leads me up to the victors chair. He takes a seat next to me.

"So Ariel, congratulations on winning the 73rd Hunger games." He starts off.

"Thank you" I smile back at him.

"Now this was very short game, I mean it normally lasts a few weeks so it was quite a shock when you won after only a few days. Why do you think that was?"

"Honestly Ceaser, I think it was a mix of many factors. Maybe certain tributes were weaker than normal or maybe some were deadlier than normal. It could also have to do with certain conditions and how we reacted to them. There was no fresh running water so instead you had to use fresh clean snow but most of it had been trampled on. There were no woods or sunlight or anything to keep warm. And there was no wildlife that you could eat to survive. When that all mixes its everyone fighting for survival on a more extreme level because it's only a matter of time before the body shuts down." I explain.

"You do have a fair point. We had a record number of 4 deaths in the first day due to natural causes. But I have the statistics here to prove that the deadliest killer in that arena was yourself. You had 6 magnificent kills in the short space of time. That's a quarter of the tributes! You have actually set a record as the average person only tends to kill 2-3 people all by themselves. You definitely are a force to be reckoned with."

I was shocked by the news but even more shocked at the way that everyone was reacting. It was almost as if I should be proud of it. I just let out a nervous laugh and smile as Ceaser could tell that I was shocked.

"Right well with that over with we shall start the video up."

The lights dim and the three hour long video starts to play. I really don't want to watch this but it's mandatory for all of Panem.

I see the reapings, rewatching Finnick getting dragged off of the stage breaks my heart. The chariot rides, the interviews the games. I see my nod to Glow as we all stood around the cornucopia and then it all happens. I see my triple kill, I see Glow's kill, Spark's kill, Louis' kill and Serina's kill. They're all dead now just like their victims. I see Jules run to the edge of a building before getting out of breath and sitting down as an arrow pierced through his heart. I see all the murders I committed in HD, flinching every time. I see my last encounter with Glow and let some of my tears drop. Ceaser sees this and hands me tissue before giving me a hug. The video ends however with me running down the corridor and into my brothers arms. The whole crowd aww's as I look behind me to already see Finnick staring at me with a smile.