Chapter Eleven - A Prophecy is Revealed

After the Hunters left, no one was in a happy mood. Not even the nature spirits; for they had heard about it too. Happy moods take more effort to withstand than any other mood, right? Well the glum mood stayed with every camper, but one camper's mood became even worse after what was said during announcements.

And who was that one camper, Emily? You might ask yourself.

Well the answer to that is simple.

Me.

Chiron spoke with a genuinely happy tone in his voice, which instantly granted half of the campers a smile. He said, "Campers, I know you all are wondering what outside issues are going on right now. I have spoken to our Oracle, Rachel, and she has some news to share with all of you."

Wait, what?

Rachel Elizabeth Dare?

She's real too!?

Yep, I saw her alright, flesh and blood right in front of me. Crazy ginger curls bounced on her shoulders, her jeans covered in paint, her freckles just as vast as Uncle Rick described them.

"Hey guys! I know that what just happened with the Hunters was a bit harsh, but uh, I might have some news to lighten your moods." Silence fell. If someone were to drop a pin, you would have been able to hear it. Unless, of course, Ben Stoll were to cause some mischief like his father and uncle. Oh, silly Travis and Connor...

Rachel continued, "I had a dream last night where Apollo came and spoke with me. He told me of something yet to come, which I would need my lawyer present in order to tell the whole lot of you. Instead, he gave me a prophecy to explain it in other words. Chiron, may I continue?"

He nodded.

"Alright guys, here goes nothing!

Three of power shall seek stolen treasure

To test one's love and faith they measure.

If the test does not withstand its all,

Two maidens of moon and sun will fall.

Well there's your prophecy. Chiron, do you have any idea as to who the prophecy abides to?"

Everyone was silent. Did she say this would lighten everyone's moods?

OOPS! She was wrong.

"Rachel, let's let the campers eat while we talk about this ourselves. Okay?" Chiron said sternly.

"Okay, but-"

"Mr. D, would you care to join us and have Grover take watch of the campers?"

Hold up these coconuts.

GROVER UNDERWOOD!?

My dreams of this happening were not at all logical, but I assume they were. Grover Underwood, the FREAKING SATYR BEST FRIEND, is real too.

"Yes, Chiron, I shall. GROVER!" Dionysus called him along from a neighboring table.

"Yes, sir?" Grover shook nearly as much as Uncle Rick said he did.

"Watch the campers while Chiron, Rachel, and I go have a talk, will you?"

"B-but sir, Juniper needs me. She isn't well, and-"

"Then run along you worthless goat. GLEESON!" Dionysus called yet another satyr, whom I believe responded with "CUPCAKE!"

Coach Hedge?

COACH HEDGE!

"Watch the gods darn campers while I talk with Chiron and Rachel, will you? Grover over there can't do anything productive."

"I'll keep these Cupcakes in order, sir." Coach took his brand new baseball bat in his hands with a look on his face as if he was ready to scream DIE! at any given moment.

Rachel, Mr. D, and Chiron all walked (trotted?) toward the Big House.