Chapter 39: The Note

•Annie's Pov•
hayden sat with me in all of the classes we have together and i'm warming up to him again.
[3 YEARS LATER]
hayden and i decided its best for us to stay as best friends and i'm so thankful that we're still in contact after dating in the pass we tried it out again after we broke up the first time but it wasn't the same.
hayden picked me up in his car and drove me to school, today was only a half day so we decided we'd hang out the rest of the day.
after hayden parked the car we walked in holding hands, something we did for comfort. i smiled at him as we walked past all the students in the halls and headed to my locker. i opened my locker and a note fell onto the ground. i bend down and picked it up, on the back was a little red heart. it was so cute.
"ooh looks like somebody has a secret admirer" hayden smirks at me playfully.
i playfully roll my eyes and shake my head.
i carefully open it, not ruining the sticker on the back. i read the note, it said;

dear anns julianna,
i've had a crush on you for the longest time, even before we officially met i had my eyes on you. i know that you've had shitty relationships in the past and i understand if you're not ready. i want to keep myself anonymous for now, if that's okay. i hope this isn't to weird or cheesy but i want to know if you'd be my date for homecoming, whatever your decision is, just tape your answer to your locker and i'll read it when i walk by to my next class. i promise i won't hurt you and if you say yes i'll reveal myself to you at homecoming.
hope this doesn't sound weird but i love you.
love, your secret admirer xx

aw this is the cutest thing ever, oh they called me anns but then crossed it out. oh whatever they've probably heard hayden say it.
"i wonder who it could be" i say, trying to hide my excitement.
"who knows, it could be literally anyone" hayden chuckles at my excitement.
i suddenly stop "but if i say yes then we can't go to homecoming together, i can't leave you alone" i look down at my shoes.
"hey" hayden lifts my chin up with two fingers.
i look at him.
"if you say yes, it's okay i totally understand. i want you to have fun" he says sternly, i can tell he truly means it.
i nodded my head "thanks, i love you" i smile, hugging him tightly.
"love you too, babe" he chuckles, leaving a peck on my nose.