Chapter 25

A/N Yahallo! It's been two months, I know. And honestly, I don't really have excuses besides my dog, last day of school, and overall drawing. Procrastination was a definitely a factor towards  this period of time and I feel guilty for it, especially since I had said previously that I will update this book more often. I'm also going through a bit of writers block. When I started this book, I had no plan for any plot or characters, I just made it up as I kept writing. So it's my fault for not brainstorming or writing a outskirt on how this story will proceed from beginning to end. *FUN FACT* My idea for this story actually began within a dream lol. Weirdly, I had a zane~chan dream and most of it was like at a party or somethin so I just got the idea and wanted to write it heh.  ALSO TY FOR LIKE 7K READS, I never thought I would reach this far :0!!! Anyways, here's the next chapter and I can't promise it was worth the wait~

Zane POV

After consulting with Katelyn, I decided to join the rest downstairs.

"Oh look there's my baby brother!" Garroth pointed out seamlessly.

I rolled my eyes and approached the couches near the fireplace, where mostly everyone was gathered.

"I thought we were going out to eat?" I asked, underwhelmed by everyone getting too cozy.

"Relax Zane, we're just chilling by the fire place to get warm. It's crazy cold out there! Plus, you were the one that suggested we stop by here." Diana remarked.

"Wrong. I suggested we stop here to drop off our luggage, not spend the rest of the day in here. Also, trust me. I know it's cold out there because y'all left Kawaii~Chan and I out there to die. Plus, I'm hungry." I glared at everyone, especially Aphmau, who was eating a muffin with crumbs on her cheek.

She widened her innocent puppy eyes, "Alright then Zane. Don't be so dramatic! Guys, we should all quickly get warm and start heading off then before the cranky nugget awakens his inner-beast."

Aphmau stood up from her spot next to Aaron and sashayed away from the gathering.

Laurance stood up right after with eyelids drooping down, "Way to ruin our relaxation time ya cyclops."

I scoffed, "You're welcome little Laurance. Like you and Garroth don't disrupt my relaxation 24/7."

He squinted his eyes and turned away.

I then heard footsteps approaching us. It was Katelyn.

"Hey guys! So we going to eat or what?" she suggested, placing her hand on the pillar.

Everyone smile and nodded.

I muttered to myself, "Oh so when Katelyn says it, the mood remains happy."

I sighed and walked up to the kitchen counter. I opened the fridge to see if there was anything to drink, when I suddenly heard happy whistling tunes.

I quickly turned to where the whistling originated and immediately jumped.

Kawaii~Chan's right ear tilted and turned around, "Oh hey Zane~Kun! Why so jumpy?"

Switching from my awkward stance, I quickly leaned on the counter with my arms folded, "Hey Kawaii~Chan. I..just didn't see you there."

She tilted her head, "But Zane~Kun was walking over here, how could he have not seen Kawaii~Chan?"

I walked forward a bit, "I guess I was just too focused on the fridge. I was pretty thirsty."

I glanced at what she was baking.

"So that's where Aphmau got the muffin." I stated out loud with an eyebrow raised.