Doctor Diplomat

- Steve Rogers -

Steve was sitting on his couch in his old new york apartment. Pepper to his left and Thor to his right, watching TV. Thor didn't visit often but wanted to accompany Steve until he felt better about his Tony situation, which ended up with him aiding Pepper and Steve. Steve could tell Thor felt terrible about it and knew he wouldn't stop helping him, but wouldn't stop until Tony felt as bad as he did. 'I can't believe I mattered so little to him.'

"Hey, how can you still afford this place," Pepper asked Steve.

"What?" Responded Steve.

"We were gone for almost a year, how have you kept this apartment?" Continued Pepper.

"Oh," Tony said, a lump growing in his throat. "Tony started paying for it again when we came back. I only found out when I back came to get my stuff."

"Ugh," Pepper rolled her eyes, "I hate that that's actually very nice of him."

Before Steve could continue, there was a knock at the door. Thor and Pepper turned to look at him while he got up from the couch and went to answer the door. Opening the door, caused Steve's face to go red with fury.

"Who is it?" Asked Thor trying to catch a peek at whoever Steve was looking at.

Steve walked out into the hallway and closed the door. "What do you want?" He asked the Strange, trying to remain calm while the sight of Tony's new flame frustrated the hell out of him.

"I wanna talk," Said Strange, "To you and Pepper." 

Steve looked at the man, getting angrier by the second. 'What do we have to talk about? How you're the reason I found out how little Tony cared about me?' Steve met Strange's gaze; the man still waiting for an answer.

  "Wait here." Responded Steve.

Steve walked into the apartment, leaving the door open slightly. 

"It's Tony's new boy-toy, he wants to talk." Said Steve to Pepper.

Pepper let out an annoyed sigh, staring at the ground as she thought it over. Steve could tell that she was as bothered by the man's presence as he was. 

"Fine," Pepper said, "Let him in."

Steve opened the door fully, letting Strange in, and motioning for him to sit on a smaller couch adjacent to the one the group was sitting in. Steve watched the man sit down, analyzing his every movement, wondering what Tony saw in the man. 'At least I'm more attractive than him,' Thought Steve. The blond turned to look at Pepper, and it was evident that she was doing the same. Looking at Thor, Steve grew more annoyed at the hopeful light in his eyes.

"What did you want to talk about." Asked Pepper, hiding her emotions poorly.

Strange looked at the two, and Steve could see the man carefully thinking about what he was going to say next, and how he was going to say it.

"I wanted to hear why you're both so angry with Tony," Said Strange.

"Well, according to Thor, he moved on from me no less than a month after Thanos decimated half the universe." Said Steve, slightly relieved at the expression of his emotions.

"I understand your pain, but none of us thought that anyone was coming back," Said Strange.

"It's true, those of us who went to battle Thanos, were unsure of our own survival," Added Thor trying to help Strange out.

Steve thought about what the two men said, realizing that his impulsivity and hurt emotions never really allowed him to think about what Tony had gone through after that fight.  

"But he still moved on from me like I meant nothing to him," Steve said.

"You didn't see him after the battle," Said Strange, "He was heartbroken and wouldn't stop crying. I didn't understand at first why, but he eventually told me about how he had lost you. You were very important to him, Steve, and I promise you all our relationship did was ease his heartbreak."

Steve stared at Strange, noting the sheer belief in the man and remembering his time with Tony. The blond laid back in the couch, taking in what the wizard just said.

"Well, what about me," Pepper said, "He was an arrogant ass with me the entire time we were dating. He only really cared about himself."

"As true as that sounds, he's changed, and I'm almost certain he'd be willing to apologize to you if you told him how you feel," Responded Strange.

Pepper took a breath and tensed up. "You know," She eased her demeanor, "I guess if Steve is giving him another go, then I will too."

"Yes!" Thor screamed in the apartment, garnering everyone's attention. "Everything is fixed!"

Steve chuckled, "Not yet Thor, Pepper, Tony, and I still need to talk."

"You do, but where," Asked Strange.

Steve and Pepper sighed in unison. "Per Se," Said the two.

"What's that," Asked Strange.

"It's Tony's favorite restaurant." Groaned Pepper.

"It's really uppity," Said Steve.

"And Tony won't stop talking about it if anyone brings it up," Continued Pepper.

"It sounds like a perfect place to mend wounds, no?" Said Thor. 

"We'll do it there then," Said Strange, "How does a week from now sound?"