§ 3 §

Heh, Karma thought smugly, his eyes never leaving the unaware boy in front of him, as if. Just a couple of seconds after Sugino had left the room,  Karma hoisted himself off the bed, and behind the raven-haired boy who was, apparently, cretinous of the espionage.

Karma wasn't a fool, he'd traveled the sea longer than he could remember and he knew the sea better than the back of his own palm. That's why when Tomohito brought him the herbs, he very correctly remembered the herb as a seaweed only found at a specific area of the ocean bed.

And the fact that Sugino had gave him the seaweed- a fresh one at that- without even an inch of his cloth wet, it certainly made him skeptical of the veracity in the, seemingly, candid boy's words.

Suddenly, the boy looked behind his shoulder and Karma reached for the wooden blockage just in time.

That was close. Karma sighed in relief, his heart thumping like a combustion engine. He poked his head through the obstruction and he saw him fiddling with a locked door.

The door opened with a click and a mysterious set of wooden stairway was disclosed. Without a scruple or two, Sugino entered the dark room, blending into the darkness of the room and the door followed his suit, creaking slowly.

Sliding in swiftly, Karma made it in time and stopped the closing door with his foot. The force of the door closing in his foot was satisfying enough to make him grin like the Cheshire Cat. Opening the door slowly, he stepped into the darkness of the staircase, and then he shut it.

The air in the room, Karma noticed, was warm like the current of a part of the sea had slid and permeated the whole area. And it was salty, he could recognize the smell and taste of it anywhere.

Feeling for the banister, he walked slowly. Every step taken with great care and alertness to his surrounding. As he stepped onto the final platform, he heard Sugino...talking? His eyebrows furrowed, was it possible that there was another human or creature that Tomohito had hid from him?

He crept stealthily, growing more and more alarmed as the volume of the rebounding echoes increased. A dim light guided his way and he no longer had to rely on the wall for support. He gulped slowly, feeling like he'd reached a close enough place to get a glimpse of what activities the boy was doing.

What he didn't expect was the boy talking to a..human? It seemed so, by the silhouette of the half-dipped creature and the familiar boy talking. He squinted, the dim light that the sea had provided didn't fulfill his curiosity to get a good peek of the person Sugino was talking to.

The person who was still halfway submerged in the water suddenly tensed, making Karma's eyes widen as his face turned to the wall he was hiding behind. Sugino paused the conversation as well, sensing the arising stiffness of the atmosphere as he tried to look at where they were looking at.

Ah..it's no use. Karma thought, coming out of the barricade that hid his body. The person was apparently well with being sentient of his surrounding, so hiding would just be a waste of time.

He came into the light and into their sight. The first thing Karma noticed was that the person in the water was that his upper body was bare. Even in the darkness, his eyes glowed a shade of sapphire blue, reminding Karma of a memory he so desperately tried to avoid.

Sugino looked like he was taken aback by his presence, "Y-you, how did you manage to find this place!?" He spluttered.

Karma casually tilted his head, showing off a smile as he chirped cheerfully, "You shouldn't have left the door open~" He addressed the boy in the water with a nod, "And you had a beau hidden inside a place like this? How interesting, indeed~"