§ 13 §

"This kinda feels like déjà vu," Nagisa commented, watching the two unconscious bodies wrapped up in bandages.

"It's a good thing that you found them sooner," his dad replied, keeping the aid kit away, "who knows what might've happened if the people found them,"

Nagisa winced, just thinking about the commotion. He tended to forget that Karma's crew were still some sort of a crime ring, and it was practically how they were identified by the rest of the world, and that the momentary respect that he'd gained from being the hero of the isle wouldn't last for long.

He shifted towards the other bed. The girl was so very unheathily pale and it didn't come with being an elf. She had hair which was boldly bright and sunny, and while bandaging her up, he noted that she had the same kind of dagger Karma carried around him. Maybe it was a trademark of the crew then..

If he wasn't mistaken, this girl had to be the first mate that Karma talked of with his head high- Nakamura Rio.

"Their vitals are regulating themselves," His father remarked, once they were out of the room, "give them a day or two and they'll be springing up on their feet in no time,"

Nagisa nodded, "That's great," he hesitated, glancing back to the room as if they could wake up and hear them.

"They're from the same crew," he got out, and his father's eyes widened, "I don't know how to introduce myself to them,"

"Just tell them that you're the guy that got his heart stolen by their captain,"

So much for being serious, "Dad!" he groaned, "I'm actually in a dilemma here."

If anything, he just patted his head, and ruffled his a hair, in a gesture what could be called trust rather than teasing. Even as he looked down, smiling gently and looking him straight in the eye, something had changed somewhere.

"Of course I know that," those ocean blue eyes that Nagisa had inherited twinkled, "And I trust you to find the best way to do so."

                            ______________________________

"Kayano- ah, I meant Akari," That alias really got stuck with him, "can you help me?"

The jade washed off from her hair, it now had the tone of a dark night and she had changed her hairstyle to a short ponytail. "Long time no see to you too, Nagisa-kun," she replied, amusement lacing her voice, "why did you call me up here?"

"Let's talk," he turned his head around the area before entering the water and tugging her by the wrist to a deeper level, "privately."

It seemed that Akari was very keen on knowing what had happened, and she complied without resistance, swimming along with him and letting him tug her around. Nagisa really couldn't help it. Years of deceit, trickery and fake outs taught him more than to trust even the tiniest of pebbles lying around the beach, especially when it was so close to his hometown.

Once they reached the safe zone- an area Nagisa had been shoved into by his father when they were being chased by the servants of the Queen- Nagisa finally felt like he could breathe as he spilled out every single thing that had happened to him. Akari could be trusted, she might be acting as a double agent to report the happenings around Tsuzu, but he knew that he could trust her not to use information against him.

Her expression was almost solemn as she listened, before she opened her mouth, "And now you're wondering where they might be," she trailed off.

"Yeah, ridiculous, isn't it?" He felt like laughing and crying at the way his fate played him around, "For all I know, they might be all the way on the opposite side of the world to search for their friends. I'm so stupid,"