§ 9 §

"Aha!" Terasaka stretched his sore body, "This is what I'm talking about! Fresh air and a calm sea. That bomb guy stands no chance against us!"

Nagisa smiled at his enthusiasm and optimism. The weather had been pleasantly homely the few days they'd been staying here and its air did things to Terasaka and the crews' optimism. Even Hazama who preferred keeping herself content with a book was now grinning and chattering along Toka with the boys.

"The marksmen look really serious," He added, glancing at the caped and cloaked duo who were off to their own world polishing their weapons and murmuring quietly to themselves.

Karma, who'd been by his side, hummed, "They need to chill out a bit, but I suppose I can't say that too,"

The isle of Okinawa was within the range of their vision and Nagisa felt grateful about the forgiving weather around these parts of the ocean. It had been exhausting for him to handle a whole ship and enclose it in a protection spell so strong that he ended up bed-ridden for the whole trip to the capital of Nihon, Kunigigaoko.

His eyes flicked over Okuda who was talking with Irina and his gaze immediately narrowed. Well, it might have been a close call with a skilled researcher among the crew who apparently knows about him being a deviant now. He could let a relieved sigh at that; she only knew of him as a deviant, not the merfolk that helped the Prince escape the clutches of the evil queen.

And by the looks of it, the damn witch already knew who he was. Such a shame.

"I can scan out the structure of the Tower," Ritsu chirped and a couple of sparks ran across the screen while she prepared the map. King Gakuho had sent her as well for information gathering as Ritsu was an evolving mage. She's been pretty useful up till now.

Even with his bangs covering his eyes, Chiba looked up at the tall structure, "It's probably built like a radio station to prevent terrorist from escaping the place soon," he added.

"Yeah," The screen was void of her image but her voice still sounded from it; such was the magic of the human civilization. Technology, they'd named it. "It has four floors, two of which require VIP passes to go inside, and the top floor consisting of the Statue of Mixam, of course."

Karma clicked his tongue, "So basically we'd have to break in,"

With her hands on her hips, Irina glanced at Karasuma, "Can't you use your government superiority to get in there?"

He let out a deep sigh, "I'm afraid I've tried that already," the glass barrier from one of the floors glinted vindictively, "the Tower's manager said that he couldn't do that,"

Irina rolled her eyes, "Great."

The isle of Okinawa was surprisingly very modernized and used more technology than magic. In fact, Nagisa hadn't sighted a trace of magic since stepping on the island and none of the residents seemed to have met any deviants. It was refreshing, at the very least, to be in a place where there were less like him and more of the 'normal' ones.

"You know, I really like the lights of this place," Karma commented.

They'd booked a couple of hotel rooms to spend the night- probably two nights at the most- and since Okinawa was strictly one of the best tourist spots in the Kingdom of Nihon, they managed to make do with the minimum resource they had. Three rooms; one with a large king size bed, one with two single beds and one with a few bunker beds.

Karma instantly dibbed the most comfortable room with the advantage in his hand- Miss Bitch probably wouldn't want to share a bed with Karasuma-san, and if you guys wanted the room it would be a hassle to choose from the lot- and had taken Nagisa along with him. It was probably because both were guys and it wasn't like Nagisa minded anyway.