forever- chapter 14

Anticipation arose in me as I paced back and forth infront of the door. 3 hours, 3 hours of hearing Paul pant and stop. After I connected the pieces together I figured out that Simone inserted my blood into Paul. A mixture that is beyond bad, my blood was not a full vampire not human. Half breed blood mixed with a shape-shifter could actually kill the shape-shifter.

I slid down against the wall as I pondered that thought. No Paul. The one that protected me when Jacob or Seth was not around. A tear ran down my cheek. With all my stupidity, I could lose a friend. A family member. I couldn’t keep it quiet, I started to sob.

Arms from every direction wrapped around me. I just kept my head down on my knees as I let the tears come out. I wished that my vampire abilities were full again, because crying made me feel so vulnerable. Jacob’s warm arms wrapped around me. I seeped my head into his chest as my sobs got louder.

“Jacob take her to the cottage, she needs to sleep” My father ordered Jacob.

“Ok” Jacob’s arms tightened around me.

My sobs quieted down a little when we got closer to the river.

“My Nessie please don’t cry Paul will be ok” his hand caressed my hair.

Thru my sobs I managed to say ok.

I heard the door of the cottage open and close.  With everything that happened today I didn’t realize how tired I was. Jacob’s body felt nice, just to hold him made me feel better. He laid me down in my bed and laid next to me.

“I miss this” he ran his fingers through my hair.

“I missed you” I smiled as I curled up into his chest.

“Nessie I love you more then anything in this world” he gently kissed my forehead.

“I know”

“go to sleep now, its been a long day” his constant massaging made me fall to sleep fast.

--

When I opened my eyes the sunset and arose again. I slowly sat up as I realized that Jacob wasn’t there. I glanced around my room.  Even with Jacob gone, I could feel him near. Excitement arose as I realized that I was back to normal. I ran out of the house and towards the house. I laughed as I ran faster as I reached the river.

“Nessie” I slowed to a walk as I turned around.

Alice, my aunt was standing a few feet away from me. A huge smile appeared upon my face as I ran to her. It felt like days since I last seen her. The hug she returned was just a tad bit scarier then welcoming. It was as if she didn’t want to let me go.

I tried to look at her but she held tight.

“Alice?”

“Oh Nessie” Alice held just a tad bit tighter.

“Alice is something wrong?” she finally let go.

“Nessie there is something I need to tell you before you go to the house” she had worry washed all over her face.

“What is it?” panic rushed through me.

Was it Jacob? Paul? Who was it? Was anything even wrong or was I just jumping the gun and thinking something was wrong. I waited patiently for Alice’s response but she didn’t answer right away. I pushed away from her to look into her eyes.

“Alice what is wrong?”

“It’s Paul” she caressed my cheek.

It felt like I needed to cry again but nothing came out this time. Nothing happened. Deep inside I was happy about not able to cry or show any of my human emotions but on the outside I had the steps of crying going on. My vampire half was stronger then before. I could feel the rush of venom running through me.

“Is he…ok?”

“He asked for you, but just to warn you he is different” Alice looked worried.

Even for her it wasn’t normal.

“Ok let’s go” I tugged on Alice’s arm.

“No I can’t. I can not see anything within five mile radius from Paul” a crease formed on her forehead.

“Ok” I gave Alice one more hug before I took off running again.

I couldn’t think why she wouldn’t be able to see. She couldn’t see around me but that didn’t stop her from coming to the house. I didn’t let it bother me as I jumped over the river. Paul wanted to see me and I owed him that much. When I came out of the woods, the house looked darker then usual.  I cautioned myself as I made my way to the front door. Something didn’t feel right. Usually my mother or father would meet me outside the door but not a person moved as I stepped up to the top step.

I took a glance out towards the woods then to both sides of the house. Something, I just don’t know what, was not right. I slowly backed off of the porch and ran back into the woods. I circled around the house once then stood behind it. I tried to peer into the windows but did not see a single person on any of the floors.

I closed my eyes as I tried to contact my father. I visioned the back yard and asked where are you?  I waited. I wasn’t even sure if it worked but I guess I will find out. I sensed someone coming. I watched all sides as I waited for whoever it was. A large black figure came into sight.