day one - scar

june 16th, 2019

today is the start of the games. to say i'm terrified is the largest understatement ever.
i miss jellie. i have her picture taped onto this journal, but it isn't the same. if she was here, she'd cuddle with me, but then try to find a warm place near me.
i miss my family, too.
when the horn blew, i hesitated and wanted to run. i hid behind my pedestal, though.
oh, yeah, mumbo is my district partner in this whole ordeal. he immediately ran to the center and got a first aid kit. after that, he got stabbed in the leg, so he's been limping all day.
some guy named grian was being pushed around or something like that. i didn't really see.
i didn't see anyone else, besides those two. i was really just focusing on trying to run.
mumbo and i ran as soon as he got a weapon for me and him. he ran as best as he could until he eventually fell. i put a tourniquet around his leg and applied a bandage until we could find shelter. we found a suitable cave and we created a lean-to as an entrance. after we were prepared in the hidey hole, i debrided the wound and i cleaned the cut with alcohol. i think mumbo hates me because of how much it hurt, but i think we're ok now. i put a bandage over it again and now he's making a fire. the bag of rations is hung up on the wall. the rations should last us for a few days, maybe less.
oh, mumbo's done with the fire.

mumbo's asleep now, and i'm too scared to sleep. i just want jellie and my family. i hate this.

an explosion woke us up. i investigated a bit, and i saw a dead body. i don't know who it was, but i'm too scared to know. that could have been me.
i want to go home.

scar's signing off. goodnight.