day one - joe

i really don't get this whole hunger games thing. it's not like we're all starving, right?
well, my tribute partner is jevin. i don't really know him, but he's really nice.
the horn is also really loud. it scared me and i managed to get a first aid kit. it only has alcohol, antiseptic, materials for stitches, and bandages, but it's good. jevin got some rations, blankets, and weapons for us. we were the first to leave, which was nice.
i found a nice place for us to hide out in, and jevin is making a fire. it's really warm right now, but he's making it to make some food.
well, core concept: even if it's nice and warm outside, make a fire to make food and to be warm by when it gets cold.
we're right by a river and i'm in the process of trying to kill some fish with a hatchet. it's not the easiest of ways to get food, but it's working a bit. i've been at it for two hours and i've gotten three fish!

it's nightfall now, and i got to know jevin a bit better. he's actually a really cool guy. we decided to stay awake tonight to fend off any enemies.

i miss nashville, tennessee, honestly. it's so pretty and i miss it.

i wonder how my daughter is, and my wife. i miss them.

someone already died. i really don't like this.

i want to go home.

jevin's gone. i fell asleep by accident and he's gone. i can't find him.

oh my god.
i found him.
someone killed him.
he's outside of the shelters with a rope around his neck and a knife deep in his chest.
oh my god, i want to go home.