part six

-"what about you?" i asked gabriel while laying my head on his shoulder.

-"what about me?" he smiled.

-"well, you obviously didn't stay back just to take care of the bikes." i answered.

he sighed.

-"i don't live in the mountains, i escaped from juvey. when i was younger my dad left and my mum worked at a store. i had to take over the cash register. the guy accused me of stealing from him." gabriel stared in front of him, remembering the moment.

-"i must of gave him the wrong change, or something." he continued. "i lost it, i decked him. breaking his nose and ran away. mum lost her job and they sent me away. i haven't seen her since."

i grabbed his hand and gave him a reassuring smile. he smiled back.

-"c'mon guys! let's get going." dariush ran out of the station.

we all hopped onto our bikes and rode away.

~~~
-"how is you're watch still working after the electrical pulse?" zhenzhen asked alex.

we were riding through an ally way. i wasn't really listening on their conversation, i already knew why it wasn't affected by the pulse.

i felt eyes on me, in the corner of my eye, I could see gabriel looking at me, but when I looked in his direction he turned his head to the front and licked his lips.

i decided to brush it off, thinking i was seeing things.

-"woah!" alex yelled as army trucks almost crushed him.

we got off our bikes and attempted to get their attention.

-"hey!"

-"over here"

-"turn around"

we all yelled but nothing seemed to get their attention.

-"put your hands up and turn around." a deep, clear voice was heard.

we turned around, with our hands in the air, seeing soldiers aiming their guns at us.

i gulped.
——————
-"no!"

-"stop!"

-"he's just a kid!"

he was surrounded by cops.

an unloaded gun in his hand.

gunshots were fired.

my brother fell to the ground.

i couldn't believe it.

i ran as fast as my legs could carry me.

i fell to the ground right beside him.

-"dallas! dallas winston! don't you dare die on me!" i yelled, cradling him in my arms. tears blurring my vision.

-"please." i whispered, holding him close.

-"be good, babygirl." he choked out his final words.

the cops tore me and my brother's lifeless body apart. i screamed and yelled, kicking and fighting.
——————
-"kids! kids!" the soldiers voice tore me away from my thoughts.

-"what are you doing? you shouldn't be out here. you should have evacuated hours ago."

-"we were in the mountains when the evacuation started." alex replied

-"okay well get into the bus we'll take you to safety."

-"wait!"

-"stop!"

-"sir!"

-"what?" he turned around after i tugged on his sleeve. i took a step back and got nervous.

-"you need to get this key to doctor feilding! get it to jpl!"alex instructed, giving the man the key.

-"doctor feilding.. we've been receiving morse code from him all day." he said astonished.

-"well done kids. you might of just saved the world."

we all smiled, cheering.

-"yeah!"

we all went onto the bus, receiving a high five from a soldier, having a whole seat to ourselves.

-"we did it." gabriel smiled.

-"yeah we did." i smiled.

-"look." gabriel pointed to an army tank moving in front of us.

gabriel and i shared a smile.

[BOOM]

we all looked towards the sound. aircrafts started shooting at the machines.

one flipping over and crushing the front of the bus.

-"go! go!" the soldier yelled as we tried to pull him out from under the tank.

-"come on!"

-"there's no way out!"

-"kick it!" dariush yelled at gabriel.

gabriel kicked the door open and we all rushed out. we ran around the bus.

-"keep your heads down."

-"watch out for the dog!" a soldier yelled as he was attacked by the alien.

i noticed the soldier with the key was trapped under a car.

-"skye! what are you doing?" someone yelled. i tried pulling the soldier from under the car.

-"what are you doing!? go!" he yelled.

honestly this man should be grateful.
never in my life could i have seen myself helping the authorities.

-"i can't lift this by myself." dariush complained, trying to lift the car.

-"go!" the man repeated.

-"we can't leave you here!" alex yelled over the noise.

the soldier said something to alex and put the key over his neck. i ducked as an aircraft skimmed our heads.

gabriel grabbed my hand and started running. i looked back at the man trying to escape.

the car exploded into flames.

-"oh my god." i started to tear up.

"let's go!" gabriel yelled for me to keep going forward.

we ran until we were far enough from the attacks.