part eleven

i leaned against the wall and sunk down to the floor.

i put my head in my hands and started quietly questioning everything.

i felt a presence sink next to me.

-"after my brother died, they sent me away. away from my friends, that i called family." i sighed looking up at gabriel.

-"they said that since it was summer they'd take me to a camp, all the way here." i chuckled as to how far tusla was to pasadena.

-" while i was there they'd have the chance to find me a foster home, you know?" i sniffed.

-"i always thought, that i would never have another person to call family after my brother and friends."

-"but i guess i was wrong." i smiled and grabbed a hold of gabriel's hand.

-"we failed, i mean who do we think we are?" dariush huffed.

-"nerd." alex muttered

-"criminal." gabriel said from beside me.

-"orphan." zhenzhen whispered.

-"a joke." dariush sighed.

even though what they all said was negative, they all knew who they were.

except me. who am i? i know what happens to me. i just don't know who i am.

i lose everyone who cares about me.

my parents, 

my brother,

my gang.

my brother was a rebellious delinquent, johnny was a lost puppy, ponyboy was a dreamer, sodapop was a dreamy dropout, steve was a car maniac, two-bit was a joker and darry was the mum of the gang.

but me? 

i was always told i dream too much but a dreamer wouldn't fit.

maybe i'm just a nobody.

-"a nobody." i mumbled.

-"i guess we should go find our parents now." dariush sighed.

everyone stood up.

dariush, alex and gabriel walking in opposite directions.

hasn't even been a week and my 'family's' already leaving.

and not even a goodbye. 

i saw zhenzhen sitting on the floor and i decided to join her.

-"family my arse." i muttered and zhenzhen giggled.

-"what are you guys doing?" i turned to see alex standing not too far away.

his question seemed to be directed at zhenzhen more.

she just smiled and alex joined us.

gabriel and dariush came back and sat down with us.

-"i shouldn't have even thought about leaving you here." gabriel whispered, only for me to hear.

-"look. they didn't even get to open this," dariush said holding up a dusty wine bottle, "well, since we're gonna die, may i propose a toast." i rolled my eyes at his comment.

-"oh crap. this is from 1969!" he exclaimed.

-"i mean, could at least get some fresh wine if its my first time, right?" he chuckled the bottle behind him.

we heard the bottle roll and switch on something.

-"citadel, this is crystal palace."

-"what? what was that?"