28

⚠️ eating disorder referenced

just want to apologised if I mixed the ages up (the ones I set for each character in the story), I'll edit it/correct it otherwise but Sage is in the same year as Lucas I think, lmao, it's been a while since I put this book together please allow me 😳

theres one or two more chapters to go and that's it, I'm sorry! but it's been a good ride!

"Will you answer me honestly if I ask you if this has anything to do with me?"

Lucas had woken up about half an hour ago, John figured that was enough space but something was eating at him. He had to get it off his chest, even if there was a risk of upsetting Lucas further. He was human and he felt guilty, and he couldn't help but feel somewhat responsible. The Canadian sighed, and there was a pause that John didn't like. The blond's eyes started filling up with tears, he felt overcome with emotion and it just all came out. It was a little new to Lucas, he'd never really seen him like that before. He never talked about what was bothering him, and he never talked about his family. In fact, whenever Lucas had asked about it in the past, John would get all tense, which was why he never brought it up.

"I can't explain to you why I do it, but you didn't have anything to do with it," Lucas replied softly.

John relaxed a little and let out a relieved sigh. Lucas watched him in bewilderment, wondering what was left of their relationship, or if they were even in one anymore. On that note, the Canadian sat up a little and put his hands together. He seemed a little nervous.

"I'm guessing you called my dad, right?"

"Yeah?"

"You need to leave before he sees you. He hates your guts at the moment."

John frowned at him, he could only imagine why and what shit Lucas had been chatting to his friends and everyone around him while he'd been away. He appreciated the heads up and left, where Jay was waiting for him in the corridor, it smelled unhealthily clean and he wasn't a fan.

"The fuck's up with you?" Jay had to ask him.

Offended, John blinked rapidly and checked that Jay was joking. When it was evident that he wasn't, he burst into that intense emotion again and his hands started shaking. His head was buzzing and he couldn't keep control of his limbs, he took a step backwards, only to feel dizzy and the world was spinning. Of course, the blond knew he was getting himself worked up but he couldn't help it.

"John, you're having a panic attack. Speak to me. Speak to me."

It was witnessing John that Jay's eyes wandered to the bruise on his forehead. It was small, but it was noticeable, and it was a scar that still remained from months ago. It didn't take a genius to put together what had happened, but John admitted it before he could.

"We got into an argument...a-and..."

Jay could see that John was struggling to get his words out, but he got the picture, he put his hand up as a gesture for him to stop talking.

"I knew, I knew. Fuck, John. Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

Softly, Jay pulled him closer into a hug and squeezed him tightly, it was sad to witness John break down in his arms. Over his shoulder, he saw two people who he could only guess to be Lucas' parents making their way down the corridor.

And, as if on cue, a familiar boy appeared from round the corner, his stormy eyes and light brown curly hair recognisable in an instant. Jay's eyebrows raised at his presence, for he knew John hated him with every fibre of his being. Sage smiled at the two awkwardly before making his way over to visit Lucas.