Chapter 4

Rose

Graduation went by smoothly.Even my mom came to congratulate me.And guess what? She's being reassigned to Lissa.All the best for the last Dragomir.

"Rosemarie." My mom called from behind.She looks nervous.Wow.That's the first.

"Why can't you just call me Rose mom?" I rolled my eyes.There's a man- an old man.Maybe the same age as mom.He's wearing a scarf and in a way he looks like a dangerous man.And he has been here all day.I don't even know who he is.He smile at me."Who's this guy? He has been with you all day."

My mom took a sharp deep breath."Rosemarie,i'd like you to meet Ibrahim Mazur." I couldn't help but feel like i've heard the name before."Or Abe Mazur." I shook hands with him and give him a warm smile."You're father." Mom blurted out shakily.My eyes widened.

"Wait- What?" I turn my gaze to Abe then to mom again."What?!"

"Rosemarie,i'm your father." He has a slight turkish accent.

"Stop calling me Rosemarie.Just Rose.And- "

"Before you say anything," Abe cuts me off."Just know that,i didn't abondoned you.I've been looking after you since the day you got here.Your mother,insist that i have to keep you a secret because if people know you're my daughter,you will always be in danger."

All of my angryness towards him turns into curiosity.

"Why would i be in danger?"

"Because of my work." He said simply.

I raised my eyebrows."What's your work?"

"Dangerous work."

"What's your work?!" I demand.

"He's a mobster." My mom blurted out.It's actually funny to watch her act like this.

My jaw dropped."A mobster? My dad is a mobster?" I said slowly.

"Yes,i am." He sighed."You okay?"

"I don't know.I just met my dad who i have never seen before and found out he's a mobster."

"Look,i know you're shocked.I'll tell everything you need to know later.How 'bout tonight i'll take you out to dinner?"

"Sure."

"Rose." Dimitri said softly."Congratulations,you just graduated." He hugged me.And then he acknowledge my mother.

"Janine." He nods in a profesional way.Then he turned his gaze to Abe."Abe." He nods to him."What are you doing here?"

"Belikov." He smile."I just came to congratulate my daughter," he gestured to me."For graduating."

Even through his guardian mask i could see he's nervous.

"Rose's your daughter?" He asked."Now i know where she got her attitude from."

"Wait,you know him?!" I raised my eyebrows.

"Belikov and i did some......bussiness years ago." He glanced down at his watch."Now,if you don't mind.I got some bussiness to take care off." With that he left.My mom smiled at me then slightly nod and then left without saying a word.Some mother she is.

"Come on Rose.I got presents for you." He wore one of his rare smile.

"Presents?" I tried to raise one eyebrow but ended up raising two."You know you don't have to give me anything.Just being with you is enough."

"I know."  

"I'm surprised my mom didn't ask us any questions about our relationship." I laughed a bit.

Dimitri frowned."I don't think she knows yet."

"Well,she will later in my graduation get-together.Just friends and family."

"You sure you're ready to face them?" Dimitri asked then opened the door.

"Yeah.How 'bout you? You have to face my mom and apparently my mobster dad." 

"I can take whatever heat they'll give me for being with you.It's worth it Roza." He leans in then kiss me sweetly on my lips.I moaned,liking the taste of his lips.He licked my bottom lips,askingfor entrance and of course i gave it to him.God,i love him.I can never get enough of him.We reluctantly pulled away.My hands on his chest,his hands on my waist."Ya tebya lyublyu Roza." He whispers.

And i somehow understood what that means.I smile at my lover.

"I love you too Comrade.I don't know what i'd do if i lose you." I kiss him again.

"Me too Roza.I love you so much that it hurts."

I peck his cheek."I love you too.i could say that three words countless times and never get tired of it." I kiss him yet again."I need to go to shower."

"Me too.I'll come by after i'm done.See you Roza." With that he left.