Prologue

*Falling...

*Falling...

*Falling...

*Deeper and deeper you tumble, unaware of the exact distance.
Is there even a distance? It's hard to tell. Down here, nothing is precise.

*All you know is that you're falling.

*You know where you'll end up. You've been here before, dear child.
You just refuse to believe that it's actually happening.

*Eight years of believing it was just a mere dream really toys with your perspective, doesn't it?

*I've missed you, my dear puzzle piece.

♓︎■︎⧫︎♏︎❒︎❍︎♓︎⬧︎⬧︎♓︎□︎■︎

She woke up with a jolt, staring at a vast emptiness. She felt like she was being stared at, but whatever eyes could've been there were shielded by the dark shadow that hung over the grassy ground.

The cold, grassy ground.

She recognized it all too well. She was frozen, terrified.

However, one must gather themselves together eventually.

She slowly sits up, gently patting her pockets; pinching her face in hopes that it'd wake her up from a nightmare. She still had all three of her chocolate bars, thankfully, as well as her prized lighter. She didn't smoke, she was too young. The idea of destroying her lungs didn't sound all that pleasant, either.

She had no broken bones, so she forced herself to stand up; the quick movement making her dizzy for a moment.

Regaining her balance, she starts walking straight ahead.

She had an idea what she was looking for. If she were lucky, she'd find it in under fifteen minutes. If she didn't, well that was just no good.

Fifteen minutes of walking, and she did find it. The eery, dark oak door that only led further down than she already was. Now all she could do was wait for a little bit longer.

Six tones played after two minutes, and the door slowly swung open on its own. She stared blankly at the darkness as she swallowed the huge lump in her throat; each footstep causing her heart to pound harder. Her body was trembling, she could feel it. Her skin must've been as white as snow, tears brimming up in her eyes.

Yet she had to continue down. It was her only chance of getting out, she knew that much.

And so, with an already tired soul and a shaky breath, Care descended deeper into the Newmaker Plane.