Chapter 1

Care Evergreen had been in the Newmaker Plane before.

She had only been six at the time, yet it was a memory that stuck with her; buried deep within the back of her mind. She tended to push it away as often as possible. Although now when she was walking down the dimly lit hallway, she had no other choice than to let the memory resurface.

If Care was being honest, she wasn't quite sure how she ended up there when she had eight years ago. All she knew was that her parents had been part of it.

Somehow.

She was happy to be away from them.

The Ackroyd Orphanage wasn't a bad place. That's where she went after escaping the Newmaker Plane last time.

The counselor there, Ms. George, had taken good care of her. Care grew up believing that the events of Newmaker Plane were all just a fantasy.

Now she knew for certain that was wrong.

The sound of a phone ringing makes Care jump a bit, whipping around to make sure that no one was following her.

Nothing.

Sighing in relief, she lets her shoulders sink; shifting her attention back to the distant phone call.

The sound led her to an office. This was where her memory went a bit fuzzy. Care remembered an office existing, but that was pretty much it.

The phone was on the office table, next to a blank computer screen; the recognizable Garalina symbol bouncing aimlessly off of the sides of the screen. Care furrows her eyebrows, grunting a bit to herself before interacting with the phone. She held it up against her ear, receiving a slow dial tone.

"Well fuck you too." She spits, slamming it back down.

Although she had to prepare herself for the Newmaker Plane, the Newmaker Plane had to prepare itself for her; too. She knew her way out, to some extent, and she was no longer a mere toddler. She knew how to stick up for herself now. Huffing, she lets her gaze scan the room; catching sight of a board with a single sheet of paper stuck to it.

Care had decided to drown her fears out with aggressiveness. It's what she did back at the orphanage. It asserted dominance rather well.

Walking up to the note, she tears it off the wall to examine it closer.

Three crude drawings of a young girl were lined down the right side, letters to their left.

A, B, and NLM.

Care pouts, shoving the paper into one of her pockets; next to the chocolate bars.

She hoped that they wouldn't melt.