Rivals- Chapter #15

Rivals-

Chapter #15

XxXxXxXxX

We slowly walked over with small smiles while Kiba informed the waiter that we switched from our little table to a huge table filled with rowdy kids. "Hey, guys!" I cheered out, hoping if I act extra nice I might make a new friend. My only friends that I hung out with were Shika and Choji, occasionally Kiba as well. Hinata was pretty nice but we didn't talk much, she always seemed to stutter and turn a weird-looking red every time I saw her.
"H-hey Naruko-san.." She stuttered out. "Hia' Hina!" I smiled, at least I knew I always had Hinata to comfort me. "Hello..." Shino whispered quiet enough for nobody to hear while he studied a packet of ketchup. "Hello," a brown-haired girl smiled softly as she adjusted to the two space buns on her head. "You must be Shikamaru,"
"You know me?" He asked dazed,

"I've heard stories," she giggled out. "Oh! And you must be Naruko, Hinata likes to talk about you constantly! Well to herself anyways haha!?"

"What! N-no I don't!" I looked at Hinata, a little confused but I decided to shrug it off, friends usually whisper about other friends to themselves randomly, at least I think? "I'm Tenten by the way," she held out her hand to me and Shika and we shook hands, So polite. "I'm pretty new to the Leaf, my team and I-" she was cut off by a young boy. "Hello, beautiful miss! I'm Rock Lee! You're Naruko-san, right? Let's go out together! I'll protect you until I die!" I looked at the bushy-browed boy in utter confusion until I realized what he meant. "Uh..."

"So what do you say?" He smiled and held his thumb up in the air. "Uh... Sorry, I'm alright with being single.."

'That guy sure is a strange one... So upfront.'

He looked a bit upset but continued to try and get my attention. "I will buy you some red roses! Right now!"

Pfft, he's not going to leave dinner just to buy me some-' 

Then he was gone in a rush, running out of the restaurant with a "don't forget about me, my love! I'll be right back!" Intense 100. Then just dead silence from. the table afterwards.  That is until Sasuke scoffed, "what?" I asked, looking to the raven-haired boy. "You're just thirsty if you're going to accept those Rose's from him."

'Am I a thirsty twelve years old? No. I wasn't interested in love at all, to be honest, I found it gross and unneeded for a young woman in training. "Excuse me, Teme'?"

"Hn. Whatever," I growled at him and the tension at the table started to rise. "Soooo how was your day Naruko- Chan?" Asked Hinata brightly. Finally! Someone with a kind-hearted personality! "It was pretty good, it got better as soon as I saw you that's got sure," I giggled and Hinata simply smiled and blushed. Why was she blushing? Ah, whatever I'm sure its nothing. After that, it was dead silent. "So, Naruko, I take it you're in The Kohana Ninja Academy, right?"

"Yep," was my reply, "I take it you're not single?" I asked a boy with long brown hair and purple orb eyes similar to Hinata's. This has to be this 'Neji' kid no doubt.

"Uh... Well no I wasn't lying, I am single as I should be," I laughed out. "What? You are?" They all asked in disbelief, "yes?..."

'We're literally twelve...'

"Interesting." Neji said swiftly, "yeah..."

'I'm starting to get a weird vibe at the table..'

"Hey back off Neji, Naruko's too pure and innocent for you." Neji scoffed. 'Innocent? Pfftt!'

"I wasn't trying anything weird I was simply being polite, just asking questions. Likely you would say that though, every time I try to be nice to someone you go off the grid."

"No, I don't!" He argued back, but it was no argument. They all knew it was true. "Let's just eat... As soon as this waiter brings our food anyways..." I whined impatiently. 'They said fifteen minutes... and it feels like over hours already.'

"So Uchiha, what's your opinion in Naruko?" Neji asked, wiggling his eyebrows furiously. "She's annoying. At least she's not stalking me like the rest of them."

"The rest of them?" Neji raised his eyebrows in a funny pattern, Neji didn't attend the Ninja Academy, he was home-taught or something, I don't really pay much attention to others.. "So Naruko... Got any plans for after? Like when we graduate?"

"We already graduated Kiba, and yeah I have a few in mind. Lord fifth said he wanted me to train with this guy named Jirah... Or Jiri... Jiraiya! That's it! I can never remember that guy's name... Anyways I'm supposed to train with Takashi sensei and my team as well to equal out everything, whatever that means."

"Oooh" Kiba cooed. "That sounds amazing!" It was funny how easily I could make Kiba proud and amazed, it was like a superpower and honestly funny. "Foods ready!" The waitress called out with a bright smile, making me grin as she brought our plates and bowls.

Sorry everyone, I know I've been slowly updating this book, I have many chapters already planned ahead, it's just I'm currently trying to change up my writing style but it's a but hard with all the exams. I'll try to update more,,, ahem,, more then every three months.
-guilty as charged-
I actually write thise like- a few months ago so I'm sorry if it's not as good as quality if you expected.  Okay, I really need sleep.. It's 1am, I  finished up my homework early so I could draw some OCs xD, I need sleep.
Love you guys
-Katana