3 - Restful

I stood there baffled at Axel's figure standing in the doorway. I didn't dare to look down at his body but I could tell he only had a towel on, and boy was it low. His hard abs looked so beautifully sculpted and his wet hair drooped over his silver eyes. I just wanted to reach out and touch his jawline but I knew better not to.

Instead of gawking at him, I lifted my head up just enough to look into his eyes and gave him a small wave. He chuckled humorlessly at that and stepped to the side so I could enter his house.

Once I got into the foyer I turned to him and hung my head low, "Hi, I just wanted to know if you really wanted to do this project. I can do it by myself if you're not comfortable to do it together," I offered softly.

I know I just got here but I really didn't want to be called a slut when I get back to that house. I could just tell them I was on my way there but turned around halfway, and I don't think Axel really wants to work on this with someone like me.

I saw him shrug his shoulders and stick out his bottom lip, "Well, that's fine with me."

Oh thank God...

I let out a sigh of relief and nodded my head in agreement. I started walking towards the door again when all of a sudden my stomach started to ache and a piercing feeling shot through my torso. I held onto it tightly but nonetheless continued making my way towards the door. I just got an approval out of him, I wasn't going to stay here and be a burden.

"You know what, I change my mind. Let's do the project," he said behind me.

I spoke too soon...

I turned back around to see him eyeing my clenched hand on my stomach. I released it quickly and set it at my side even though it still kept on hurting. I wasn't going to let him think I was hurt, trust me, if anybody found out that Merideth abuses me, she'd take them out too.

"Oh no it's oka-"

"I said we're doing the goddamn project April, no excuses. Here, I'll show you up to my room," he cut me off harshly.

I knew I wasn't going to get my way around this so I nodded my head and followed him up the stairs. I kept my head down the whole time, refusing to look up at the beautiful paintings that hung on the walls we were passing through. I didn't think I deserved to see something so beautiful with my boring brown eyes, I didn't even deserve to be in Axel's presence at all if we're gonna talk about beauty.

He opened the door to a large bedroom that looked a little smaller than mine, but I wasn't complaining. Other than most guys, Axel actually keeps his room clean. A double sized bed with black covers and grey pillows was on my right with it's headboard against the wall. A balcony was placed straight ahead of me with an ensuite bathroom on it's right. Axel's closet was on the left along with a large flat screen with a black leather couch in front of it. A wooden coffee table sat in front of it and a desk was set up next to the bed.

"You have a nice home," I commented quietly.

I never had anywhere to call home after my father died. All the life died from that house along with him and it just didn't feel the same anymore, nothing ever felt the same anymore.

He chuckled as he walked over to his walk in closet, "Ah, yeah, thanks," he said blankly.

I stood in the doorway uncertain of what to do until he came back out in grey sweatpants. Just. Grey sweatpants.

"Why are you just standing there? Sit," he commanded when he laid down on the bed.

I bit my lip in nervousness and nodded my head before closing his bedroom door and walking towards him cautiously. I sat on the other side of him and started taking out my books and my laptop.