11 - Smile

I felt so calm and so collected.

My mind has never been so clear when I wake up in the morning. I had no nightmares, no sweating, nobody was screaming at me to get up in the morning, it all felt so abnormal to me.

I snuggled into the soft pillow that was under my body and breathed in it's intoxicating hazelnut scent. It was so comforting and I didn't want to leave this spot, but I knew I had to soon.

Wait...

HAZELNUT!

My eyes snapped open at the familiar scent but I was too anxious to move. Maybe he felt awkward with this position but was too nervous to wake me up. Well, that wouldn't make sense because his body feels so relaxed right now.

I turned my head slowly until I was met face to face with a peacefully sleeping Axel that I was laying on top of. I looked around at my surroundings and noticed that we were still in the living room and the sun was starting to rise.

I slowly got up from our position and unwrapped Axel's arms from my waist. I stood up and tip toed to the kitchen but was careful with my healing wounds. Shannon said my ribs weren't fractured that much so they should be healing fairly quickly.

I quietly started making breakfast and set up the table as Axel slept on the couch. I didn't want to disturb his sleep just to make breakfast when I can do it myself. I don't care if Axel said I wouldn't have to pay him back, cooking for the both of us is the least I can do.

As I placed the food on the plates my senses kicked in and I felt a familiar presence from behind me. I rolled my eyes as he thought he was slick but first things first: You can never sneak up on someone who's more sneaky.

"BOO!"

I stayed still in my spot and continued placing the fruits in a small spiral on the tray. I didn't care enough to know that Axel was trying to scare me, hell, if he's going to scare me he could at least done it a little better.

"Breakfast is ready," I said unfazed.

I carried the tray to the table where the rest of the food was. I sat down in my seat casually while Axel sat down while eyeing me curiously.

"How did you not jump?" He asked baffled.

"You can never sneak up on the sneaker," I said casually.

I stiffened in my spot a little at the realization of what I had said. It just came out of my mouth quickly and I didn't even get enough time to process what my answer was. He didn't have to know that about me, he doesn't need to know about my past.

He cocked an eyebrow, "Oh really? Well you're not very good at sneaking around if you failed at running from me at school," he reminded me.

I rolled my eyes, "The one reason why I didn't get to run was because the football was coming straight at me. Sorry for my reflexes," I retorted.

"By the way, how did you catch that ball? Everybody else ran but your first instinct was to catch it, how'd you do it?" He asked puzzled.

He doesn't need to know about your past April...

You're just asking for more attention, you already got enough of it...

"I don't know, it was just the first thing that came to mind," I answered nonchalantly.

He stared at me for awhile before continuing with his breakfast. He didn't mention anything about our position this morning which was good, nobody needed to know that information. I felt a little embarrassed to be sleeping on top of a hunk like him.