Chapter 4

-July 4, 2019-

"Can I help you down?" Nathanial held out his hand Sophiea hesitantly took it. He gave a small smile and ran his fingers over her ring. "You still wear it?"

"Widows still wear their rings."

"I'm so sorry. I really meant to come home. I wanted to come home and marry you. I tried as soon as I had the chance."

"Can we just go meet this guy?"

They exited the jet to find the Wakandan royalty. T'challa was talking in hushed tones with Rhody. Steve was hugging his friend; Bucky, who was whispering about the end of the world.

Sophiea curtsied to the king. "Your Majesty."

"No, please. We do not do that here." He looked flattered and slightly worried. "You can get up."

"As royalty where I come from, that is how we do it. So I'm going to curtsy wither you like it or not."

"Ehhh." Came a long shout from a girl in the back. "I like this one." She came running up to Sophiea. "Hello, my name is Shuri."

"Sophiea. It's nice to meet you Shrui."

"Now, we must get the Vision to my lab. If we work quickly, we can save him."

....

Sophiea stayed on ground level with Sam, Bucky and Rhodey. Bucky smiled at her shyly. "Miss Green Pajamas."

"What?" She looked up at him in confusion.

"In Germany. When we fought. You came wearing green pajama pants. I thought they looked cool."

"Oh. Thank you."

A shadow passed over the group of heroes, and they looked up. Sophiea got into defense position as the object from space crashed into the shield protecting the city.

"Oh, I love this place." Bucky murmured.

"Don't celebrate yet, we got more outside the dome."

"Way to be a party pooper Rhodes." Nathanial came up from behind Sophiea and slid his arm around her waist. "Eve's upstairs with Shuri. She'll be safe." He pulled her in for a hug.

She shook him off, stepped away and jogged over to Okoye who was leading her troops onto lifts that were taking them to the front line.

"What do you need me to do?"

"Wait for the Captain and Natasha. Head for the front line. You are a strong girl who can handle herself."

"Thank you." She climbed into the carrier. Once everyone was on the carrier, they were soaring over the Wakandan countryside.

"Wait here Sophiea." Steve whispered as he, Tasha, and T'challa made their way to the edge of the dome where two figures were waiting for them. Sophiea could see the aliens gesture to the harsh shapes of their ships.

Steve started to walk back.

"Did they surrender?"

"Not exactly."

The monsters came racing at the army, getting caught in the dome and dying. Pushing each other into the vibranium border.

"They are killing themselves." Okoye and Sophiea whispered in unison.

"They are getting behind us. The only way to make sure they don't get to the stone is to keep them in front." T'challa looked defeated at the prospect. Steve nodded.

"Let's keep them in front of us."

One of the Wakandan generals looked horrified. "This will be the end of Wakanda."