Chapter 8

-September 17, 2023-

The armies surged forward. Sophiea began to fight demotic beasts who slashed and tore at her. She lunged and slashed and killed the aliens all around her. The ones who were trying to hurt her family.

She grinned and wiped blood and grime off her face and turned to Nat. "What a party. Are you having fun yet?"

He gave her the look of "really?" and started to fight again.

Sophiea saw Clint rush around looking lost, holding an iron man glove. "Cap, what do you want me to do with this?"

"Let's put it back where it came from."

"Our Quantum tunnel was destroyed!"

"That wasn't our only time machine."

Sophiea turned to Nathanial. 'time machine?' she mouthed, confused. He shrugged in return. A figure landed next to Sophiea.

"Sophiea!" She was engulfed by a hug and when she was let go, she could see what 5 years had done to her uncle.

"Wow." She scanned him up and down, from the pot belly to the long mangy hair to the braided beard. "I mean wow."

"It is a bit much isn't-" He was cut off by Thanos' ships opening fire on the battlefield. All over the decimation, people put their hands to the sky and created small gold looking shield things.

"Where's the gauntlet?" A voice over her coms said.

Sophiea looked around the battlefield to see Peter huddled on the ground clutching the red glove with all his might.

"Peter has it!" She called. She turned to the nearest wizard. "Can you get me to him?" He nodded and before she knew it, she was standing over Peter's side, slashing monsters.

"Soph." He choked out. "You're here. And you're still my age."

"Bold of you to assume my age Peter Parker." Another alien down by her sword.

"I'm sorry?" He rolled onto his side but then tackled Sophiea to the ground and rolled out of the way of a blast from the ship.

"Thanks."

"Yeah, yeah. You owe me now Sophiea."

Suddenly the ground stopped shaking with the bombardment. "Something just entered the upper atmosphere." FRIDAY told the group.

"Danvers, we need an assist here." Cap called, and soon enough there was a glowing lady walking towards Peter and Sophiea.

"Oh, thank goodness." Sopheia breathed.

"Hi. I'm Peter Parker."

"Hey Peter Parker. Do you have something for me?"

He quickly gave her the gauntlet. "Here you go, I just don't know how you're going to get through that." He gestured to the monsters racing towards them.

"Don't worry." Wanda's voice came from behind Sophiea.

"She's got help."

Sophiea looked around her to see a circle of women, protecting her and Peter. She stood up to join them. She saw many she knew and many she didn't.

They charged forward together. Wanda and the new one, Danvers, started to fly take down enemies.

Sophiea laughed, pure adrenaline raced through her veins as she fought. The grip on her sword was beginning to hurt her burned hands, but she fought anyways. She found herself back to back with Nat again.

"Long time no see."

"Sophiea, love. It's been 15 minutes."

"But you could have died in that time."

"True. True."

Sophiea pressed against the blade of an opposing alien.

A metallic snap rang through fight.

The monster Sopheia had been fighting crumbled to ash under her blade. As she turned, she could see that this was happening all over the battlefield.

She kissed Nathanial in celebration and laughed like a giddy child. "We did it!"

"How?" Nat wondered. "Someone must have used the stones."

Sophiea suddenly paled, remembering the pain of holding only one stone, she couldn't imagine wielding all 6.

She rushed past person after person to find herself at Steve's side. He was staring down a small hill. Tears welled in his eyes.

"No." Sophiea whispered.

Tony lay against a broken wall, face burned black.

Sophiea ran to his side as Peter and Rhodey landed beside her. "Hey Tony."

"Mr. Stark look we won. Can you hear me?"

"Tony look at us. We did it."

"It's Peter. You did it, Mr. Stark."

Sophiea started to cry. "You did it!" She and Peter were gently pushed away by Pepper.

"Hey Tony."

"Pep."

"Look at me." She cupped his face in her hands to make sure he could see her smile. "We're going to be ok. You can rest now."

He nodded and the ark reactor went dark.

Pepper began to cry.