Chapter 7

FIVE  YEARS  LATER

-September 17, 2023-

"Sophiea? Sophiea?" She was being held, being rocked back and forth. "My goodness, where did you go?"

"I could have asked you the same question." She playfully pushed Nathanial back. "I thought I lost you again."

"I'm here, darling. I'm here."

They laughed and collapsed against each other and onto the ground. As voices began to be heard, the rejoicing couple looked around and too her amazement saw the people she had seen disappear.

Then the mood shifted.

"Where's Steve?" Bucky and Sam look around.

"Where's my uncle?" Sophiea stared at where she last saw him.

"My mom? My dad?" Nathanial clutched at Sophiea's hand. "Where's Eve?"

"She was up at the palace with Shuri."

He looked at her, eyes brimming with tears. "We have to go. We have to make sure she's safe."

"Ok." The took off running for the city. As they ran they found people hugging and crying with each other on the battlefield, where there was no longer fighting.

The grass was longer in the field, the weather was chilly.

"What happened here?" Sophiea whispered.

They saw carriers flying towards them. As they stopped, Eve ran into her brother's arms. "You won't believe what's happened."

"What is it?" Sophiea could barely bring herself to ask.

Shuri was the one to answer. "It's been five years."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"You disappeared. Everyone disappeared. You were gone for five years." Okoye whispered.

The rest of the avengers joined the conversation.

"It's not the first-time years have gone by and I haven't been aware." Bucky laughed half-heartedly.

Nakia stepped forward, reaching out. "My love?" She ran and fell into T'challa's arms. He held onto her trembling form as families were reunited around the field.

"So, what's the plan?" Sophiea asked, breaking the silence.

"We got a message from a wizard. We're waiting for him." Shuri laughed.

"Not the weirdest thing I've heard all day." Sophiea rubbed her hands together and winced in pain.

Nathanial noticed. "We need to wrap your wounds love."

"I'll be fine. I've been through worse."

"Soph. Just have Shuri wrap your hands. Please."

She nodded and soon enough her hands were wrapped up. "So, when's our wizard showing up?" She asked.

"Hello." An accented voice said from behind her. "I believe you are looking for me. My name is Wong."

Sopheia jumped and held a hand to her heart. "My goodness. You scared me." She turned around to find a man in a red robe and Nat holding back his laughter. "Nat." She chastised.

"I'm sorry. That was funny." He hugged her. "You would have laughed too."

"I bet I would have." She turned to the 'wizard'. "So, what's the plan?"

"My friend, Dr. Strange, other masters of the mystic arts, and I are going to send you lot to battle Thanos."

"Dr. Strange, is he a taller man, red cloak, goatee, sorta rude?"

"Yes. How do you know that, miss?"

"I stopped by his house in New York once with my uncle when we were looking for my grandfather."

"Ah, I see." He hesitated. "Do you want to go fight, or continue talking?"

"Fight." was the unanimous response.

"Then get ready to go." Everyone nodded.

Sam leapt into the sky. "Cap. On your left."

Wong opened a gold portal and Sophiea could see Steve standing alone in front of an army. T'challa, Shuri, Eve, and Okoye walked out next.

The army followed. Sophiea scanned the battlefield.

Steve was there.

Tony.

Her uncle, Thor.

Clint.

Bruce. Or was it the hulk? She shook of the confusion. And desperately looked for the one person who she wanted to see.

Nathanial grabbed her hand and she could tell he came to the same realization.

Tasha wasn't there.

Portals opened all around them as heroes, wizards and everything in between came out to fight.

Sophiea could see Peter, in a new suit, hugging Tony, who was on the brink of tears. Everyone around the battlefield was getting ready, when a clear voice drifted over the chatter.

"Avengers. Assemble."