Chapter 3

Amber's POV
"so. You're telling me you want a blood test?" Jay asked with raised eyebrows "yes because your idiot of a brother won't believe me!" I exclaimed. "well I agree with you that he's an idiot but what does he not believe?" Jay asked leaning forward "thinks I'm crazy because I know you guys are my brothers!" Jay looked at me confused "we don't have a sister though" he said as he bit the pen in confusion "well... Does butterfly ring a bell?" I asked. He shook his head "I think it was either me or will who called our mother that. Our mother was killed in a fire" my mouth fell a gape and I shook my head really confused "but.... What if I told you your mother was outside" he snorted at me "nice joke. You should be a comedian! I would definitely pay" he said smirking. "don't be an ass dude!" I yelled shoving his shoulder. "woah. Who's the one with the gun?" I glared at him "please. Can I just get a blood test?!" he shook his head "we can't do it. Not a genuine reason. Have you been on any drugs lately?" I threw my hands up and groaned in annoyance "you seriously don't like me do you?!" he sighed "miss. If I didn't like you then I wouldn't have saved your life" I looked at him annoyed "oh damn. This ain't gonna be easy is it?" Jay looked at me annoyed "do you want me to get in contact with the local insane asylum... Or if you prefer dr Charles... He works at Chicago med-" I cut him off "nah I won't be able to see them again!" Jay Rose an eyebrow "and why's that?" I sighed "everyone is an ass hat!" Jay shrugged "I guess that is true but they save lives so maybe you should stop discriminating them" I glared at him "I'm not the one discriminating! They are!!!" he sighed "how so?" I crossed my arms over my chest "you won't care so I'm going" he shook his head and the security guard pushed me back down "tell me" he said nodding at me "I don't feel to good" I mumbled as I began faking chest pains. "are you ok?" Jay asked. I fell off of the chair and began gripping my throat doing the worst acting ever. "call 911!" Jay yelled kneeling down beside me. "can you breathe?!" Jay asked. I looked at him confused and didn't answer. I let go of my throat and passed out. Jay fell for it "tell them to hurry the fuck up!" he yelled trying to keep his call.

As I was in the ambulance I kept my eyes shut tight and I tried to act like I was passed out. The ambulance pulled to a stop and I was wheeled into the hospital "14 year old female! Amber Halstead Passed out whilst being interrogated! Breathing is fine!" the paramedic yelled. I heard lots of voices around me and I began to think where my mother was. As I was being talked to I heard a familiar voice calling out to me but I didn't answer."Amber? I'm going to insert the tube" came Dr rhodes voice. Nah that ain't happening. I shot up and looked around the room noticing ten doctors and lots of nurses "I'm fine!" I yelled looking around trying to act confused. All the doctors looked at me "10 of morphine" Dr rhodes said before patting my knee and walking out "no i don't need any medicine! I am fine!" I yelled as the nurse inserted the needle "miss you need to calm down. You hurt yourself" Jay said. "shut it butt mouth!" Jay looked tawards me and rose an eyebrow "I'm fine! Why can't any of you understand that?!" Dr Halstead sighed and walked tawards me. "Amber follow my finger" he put his finger in front of my face and I stared down at my hands "hey." I looked up and he began moving his finger but I didn't follow it as I wanted them to believe something was genuinely wrong. "ok... Dr rhodes! She isn't communicating and isn't following instructions properly!" Dr rhodes walked in and clicked his fingers in front of my eyes. "follow my finger" he put his finger in front of me and I followed it perfectly "she's fine" Connor said shrugging at will. I smirked at will and his eyes widened "she's faking it!" he exclaimed. All the doctors and nurses looked tawards me and I cried out immediately cradling my stomach. As the doctors focused on me again I glared at will before going back into my acting mode.

"ok... So mrs Halstead I would like to inform you that Amber has lost a lot of blood and will need a  blood donor. Thankfully we have a blood donor perfect for her and she will get it today" Dr rhodes explained as Dr Halstead stood behind him with a cocky smile on his face. "ok-" I cut my mum off "I don't need blood!" I exclaimed sitting up. Dr rhodes had a knowing look in his eyes and both of them crossed their arms. I looked down and shrugged "were you faking this?" will asked. I ignored him and looked around confused "baby can you hear?" my mum asked worriedly "MUM I CAN'T HEAR!" I yelled gripping my head. As doctors and nurses tried to get in Dr rhodes began telling them everything "she's faking" he said before giving me a dirty look and throwing his gloves in the bin. I sighed and looked down. I've messed up... Haven't I? Well there's one last trick up my sleeve. Just you wait and see doctors.