Authors Note + Prologue

Hi! Connor here :)

So. I am very well aware that there are dozens of "criminal minds plane crash" fics out there. I haven't read a single one, and I can assure you I'm pulling everything in here straight from my brain. Anyway, the normal stuff:

T/W: anything in criminal minds

Cast: season fourteen with possibly minor spoilers

Prologue:
I could feel the plane jolting and I fastened my seatbelt, not entirely worried, but erring on the side of caution. "I didn't know you were a bad flyer," I Joked, seeing David Rossi making a sign of the cross.

"I'm not, I just hate turbulence." I prepared myself for my tangent by taking a breath.

"You know, turbulence very rarely causes planes to crash." I wanted it to sound reassuring, but I guess it came differently than I had hoped.

"That does me absolutely no good at the moment. Thank you."

"What we really need to worry about are microbursts, sudden downbursts of air mainly associated with thunderstorms, but in a small craft like this, if we hit one of those at the wrong altitude?" I slammed my fist on the table for dramatic effect. "Pulverized."

"I beg of you to make him stop," Rossi said to JJ. She just laughed.

I remember this conversation so clearly now. It was seven years ago, but my memory makes things hard to forget, no matter how insignificant.

That plane ride was the closest I'd ever been to being in a plane crash.

Was.