6

I don't know what I was expecting to hear when we got back to the the jet, but I don't think I was expecting Luke, of all people, to yell at me. "You can't just leave!"

"I was looking for water so we don't die-"

"You're probably hiding water from the rest of us."

I don't know what to say. This is ridiculous. I take my messenger bag off of my shoulder and dump out it's contents.

A few notebooks, a novel or two, and a bunch of pens fall to the floor. I look up at Luke with a tired expression.

I start to shove my stuff back in my bag, but I can feel Luke is still staring at me. The rest of the team is watching in stunned silence.

This isn't like him. Why is he acting so strange?

"I'm not hiding anything," I mutter. I don't know if I can take it, being here like this.
-
That argument Luke and I had was the first, but it definitely wasn't the last. It's been six days since we crashed. We managed to find a small stream of water, but food is limited. It seems the only thing these woods are lacking is anything edible. No fruit, no peaceful but naive wild animals. There's nothing. Nothing but trees and coyotes.

I wake up Matt shaking my shoulder. He sounds frantic, but I can't make out what he's saying in my sleepy haze.

I finally register the sound of an engine. There are helicopters outside.

They found us.

A/N: it's not over yet :)

I know this one kinda sucks but I just got over my writer's block okay

New chapter out tomorrow night? I think? Comments appreciated :)