10

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the life of David Rossi," a man in black says from the foot of Rossi's coffin. His words are blending together in my brain, and I can't make out the rest of what he's saying.

I don't recognize him, and I know he's only saying these things because it's his job. He didn't know Rossi. He didn't care about him. He probably did a quick google to find out who he was before the ceremony started.

"David Rossi was an esteemed agent in the BAU. He founded it with the help of Jason Gideon a few decades ago." I feel bitter. Rossi wouldn't want this. He'd want us to be drinking wine and cooking Italian food in his memory.

Joy, Portia, and Krystall are staying strong, but I can tell they're upset. Why wouldn't they be?

Rossi didn't get to spend a lot of time with his daughter, but he was a good dad for the time he could be one. And Krystall... they got married again only a few months ago.

JJ reaches her hand over to mine, but I pull away. We already ruined David Rossi's wedding with our chaos, I'm not about to let us ruin his funeral too.

I remember all the times Rossi made fun of me. It was always in a joking manner, but at the time I felt singled out. I know I'm easy to make jokes about, but it kind of hurt.

Now I'd give anything for him to tell me to shut up. I miss him more than anything. I miss the smell of cigars on his breath when he talked. I miss that time he left me in a ditch when I could hardly walk.

I miss David Rossi so much, but there's nothing I can do. Nothing can numb me enough to get rid of the pain I feel.

A/N: can we get an f for David Rossi

Epilogue out tomorrow morning! Also, I have a new book up! It's about JJ having a stalker 👀