Chapter 6- Mysterious Girl

After running into Jace every corner I turned on my first day of school, he went back to pretending I didn't exist when I was in his proximity. It's now week three of being at Arkdale High and I'm absolutely loving it. I made fast friends with Aly, Macy, Lucas and surprisingly Mason wasn't as bad as I first thought. Bruno and I have definitely become the closest friends as we have most classes together and Rocco actually has spoken a few words to me; I think he's just a bit shy around girls. I've not had any brutal encounters with Scarlet, who Bruno warned me about, but she has given me many dirty looks to which I've given a big grin back.

I've learnt a few things in my time here at Arkdale High:

1.       Rocco, Bruno and Jace shouldn't be categorized into a bad boy clique. They're just intimidating to people if anything. Rocco's step-mum is Mrs Marino, so Rocco keeps a low profile in school to keep himself from having to be sent to his mother's office; it would be a bit awkward.

2.       Aly and Macy are two of the nicest, non-backstabbing girls I've ever met. They've shown their loyalty to me by making me feel inclusive to their group; something I became unaccustomed to with my last group of friends in Sunnydale.

3.       Although neither of them will admit it, Bruno and Aly certainly have feelings for one another.

That pretty much sums up my first month of officially living in Arkdale.

-----------

It's 3:25 in the afternoon and I'm waiting for Rob to meet me at the car, so we can go home; his coach let the team have a break from practice so that they could focus on their studies. Usually I'd be bothered by Rob being so late out of school, but Jace is picking me up from my house so we can go to his to work on our English assignment. Yesterday I had received a text from an unknown number saying we needed to meet up. I was very confused until Bruno texted me saying he had given Jace my number; I put two and two together and texted Jace back.

Rob finally exits the front school doors and he looks flustered. "Where have you been?", I ask concerned.

"Busy", he briefly replies.

I stare at him for a moment before realizing something. Messed up hair, bright red cheeks, shirt ruffled, sly grin on his face... he has just been making out with someone.

"So, who's the girl that has you looking like that?", I say whilst grinning.

He chuckles, "shut up".

I don't push him any further because I don't want to be one of those annoying siblings that try to find out everything; some people just need their space. I know Rob will introduce us to this mysterious girl one day soon when my dad's back from Shanghai. His trip was extended by two months to finalize contracts and begin his new project, whatever it may be; I miss him a lot.

We hop into my car and make the short journey home.

-----------

As soon as I get home I run inside to change out of these clothes, I had next to no time to get ready this morning and was wearing black tights and a bright orange jumper. I hear the doorbell ring just as I'm getting changed. "Rob! Can you get that?", I yell out.

I change into denim jeans and a white turtleneck with my white converse. I throw my hair up into a messy bun and call it quits with my appearance there. I grab my phone and bag and begin to walk downstairs. I overhear Rob and Jace talking, "yeah, she's never had a proper boyfriend before", Jace says to Rob. I clear my throat... who is this mystery girl that Rob is seeing?

I don't question it instead I usher Jace out of the front door and bid a farewell to Rob telling him that I'll be home around 8pm.

Jace turns to me, "why the sudden change of clothes?", he says with a concerned face.

"I'm surprised you noticed, but I didn't have any time to properly change this morning, so I thought id clean up a bit", I say with a small smile. I try to ignore the butterflies that I feel in my stomach when I realized he noticed I'd changed clothes, I swear he didn't look at me all day and tried to ignore me.

"I notice a lot more than you'd think", he says with a smirk as we get into his car.

--------------

A short while after the car comes to a stop outside of a house I briefly remember. "Wait, you live here?", I ask.

"Uh yeah, why's that?", he questions back.

"So, that means you're the brother Cleo was speaking about", I laugh whilst I put two and two together.

"Yeah she's my little sister", he says with a shy smile. That's a side to him I've never seen before; he's never been shy around me. "Come on inside then", he says whilst unlocking the door.

--------------------

VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW. SHARE

Instagram- daniellecarrall

Thankyou so much to everyone who has read my book so far, as promised in my previous chapter, the pace is now picking up a little bit, so this chapter takes place three weeks after Jace serves Lila at the restaurant. Nothing major took place in the three weeks, just friendships being formed. No new characters have spoken to Lila over this time, so no new characters have been introduced yet; however please note that in the month that Lila has been in Arkdale, she has seen her sister Lorraine and spoken to her, but I've not put any of that in yet. Lorraine will be properly introduced over the next few chapters and I hope you all love her character, she's serious but can be humorous too, she loves her family and is very protective.