#98 Pinewood Academy

Pinewood Academy by @sundowning

You had great character development right from the very beginning. The main character was very likeable which was a job well done since it takes a lot to make me like a character.

Colloquial language was quite a big issue. I get you want to engage with your readers but sometimes too much makes the writing look amateur and clumsy.

Numbers spelled out look more formal.

I liked how you conveyed so much meaning with only a few sentences. Like that line 'Yay,' I say sounded like the most sarcastic thing ever. Keep dialogue as good as that throughout.

Comma splices were occasionally there.

I would have liked to see more description on how she cheated on the biology test. I don't think that was made clear. And maybe more description of the grounds and the school in general since it's meant to be so prestigious.

Overall, a lovely story. Maybe a little on the cliché side, if you will, but all the characters were strong and established which is the main thing.

Remember that this is a critique, NOT a criticism. Please spread the word!

If you would like a critique, please read the guidelines, fill out the form, and complete the payment, all which can be found at the beginning of this book. :)