Chapter 1

*beep beep beep*

I roll over in bed and scramble to find my phone.

*beep beep beep*

"Oh my fucking god," I tiredly say to myself when I finally turn it off. I spot my bonnet on the floor then roll my eyes.

My hair bout to be a absolute mess...

I get out of bed and go do my morning  duties like brush my teeth, potty, add deodorant and lotion, and do just a little makeup.

I go to my walk-in closet and begin to pick an outfit: a mini tan dress, my light blue jean jacket that has rips in the back, my two-toned tan fur slides, and to close the deal with my gold anklet.

I grab my phone, charger, and AirPod then throw them in my LV purse (I didn't grab my backpack since it's the last day of school) then close my room's door.

Before I head downstairs I take a peek in my parents room just to see that their gone per usual.

I text the group chat: BITCHES WE GRADUATE TOMORROW🤸🏾‍♀️‼️, but on the second note come cute today because I wanna take pics.

Toni💖💘: PERIOD HOE🎓and I come cute everyday so don't play.

Naomi🐻💜: If sweats are considered cute then yeah😂.

Toni💖💘: Bitch

I text back: See y'all at school😂drive safe.

I head in the kitchen to grab my Fiji water out of the refrigerator and leave out, and lock the door.

I hop into my dark blue 2019 Mercedes Benz(which was a birthday present from my parents) and drive to school.

When I finally arrive I text Laurence to see where he's at.

Keen💛: Turn around.

I turn around and hug him. It's nothing serious, it's just something we've done since we've been best friends since 6th grade.

I look up at him and say, "You smell good," then I finally let go.

"I know right?" His little cocky ass gone smirk at me.
"See this why I don't compliment you," I laugh a little and start walking down the hall to my class.

"Why you walking so damn fast?"

I look at him and say, "Probably because I don't want to be late. You heard from U of H?"

"Nah, but moms told me not to worry about it. I got scholarships from everywhere so that's not the problem. I just really want to go there."

I give him a side hug and say, "You'll make it in, don't worry about it. See you later."

He mushes my face with his big ass hand and whispers, "Love you."

"Love you too, now get to class," then I slam the classroom's door on him.

"HEYYYY SIS," I hear Toni from way across the room and shake my head.

"All that fucking screaming," I laugh to myself.
"Sooo how it feels to get outta this hoe?" Toni asks me and Naomi after I'm seated.

"Like I won't miss this," Naomi says, we all laugh then pay attention to whatever the teacher tryna say.

. . .

*lunch bell*

I walk up to Keen, "Hey, what's the move after school?"
"I was thinking I can swing by you and say hey to moms or whatever."

I start to pay attention to my food because family was always a difficult subject for me. I don't want to seem ungrateful because my parents have done a lot for me but they were never there.

"You know they aren't even home Keen," I shortly look over at him and see he's looking at me.

"My bad, I didn't mean to bring it up. So how about we go by my house and order Chinese or something," he then looks at his phone and opens a game.

"Yeah, I don't mind. I'll meet you there," I begin tapping at his screen to make him lose whatever he's playing. He jokingly glares at me and steals a bite out of my pizza.

"Bitch don't play," he laughs.

...

I pull up to his house and honestly it looks bigger every time I see it. Both of his parents are doctors so
I can see how the money is flowing in.

I don't knock on the door because we've known each other forever and I'm practically family. I head up stairs to his room to see him playing the game.

"Hey Keen," I say to him, sit next to him and grab the other remote.

"Lemme play," he switches on Mario Bros because he doesn't think I'm good enough for his other "manly" games.

After a hour or so of that we finally get tired.
"So what's your plan after school? You always avoid the topic," he asks me.

I turn towards him and say, "Well you know they want me to take the family's business but I'm not feeling that. I'm not interested in law or anything of the sort. I got accepted into LSU for design but I'm not sure because my parents said they won't help me pay because they want otherwise."

"You know I'd help you pay, only thing we'd have to do is tell my mom and you know she looks at you like you're her only daughter," he sincerely says to me.

"Nah it's okay, I got it," thinking about how I'll rack up this much cash and not be so much in debt. I lean back upon his bed.

"You want to take a nap?" He asks, I nod and we both take off our shoes and dose off into his comforter.