Chapter 7

*Dior Taylor's POV*

After leaving the house around 11 this morning, I'm headed to work.

Finishing buttoning up my stripped shirt for my shift at Footlocker, I rush into the Mall so I won't be late

As soon as I walk in, I head to the register and clock in. Definitely tryna get them extra minutes.

After working for about three hours or so I finally take my lunch break. Walking towards the nearest Chick-fil-A, I just pay attention to my shoes. These Comme Des Garçons high top Converse were too cute and luckily they matched my uniform.

Upon arriving a take a second to check my phone.

Keen💛: what's the move after work?

Instead of opening it, I leave it be. I don't know how to face him after sex, without feelings the urge to tell him how I feel. So I put my phone back in my purse and get in line.

Finally getting my turn, I'm welcomed by an extra extra fine cashier. I read his name tag and it says Nate.

"How may I help you?" He continues to look down at the cashier paying me no mind

"May I get a number one meal with two Chick-fil-A sauces and two bbq sauces please," I say.

"Is that all?" I nod but forget that he's not even looking up.

"Yes," I say.

"Okay. Well your total is $7.36," he states finally looking up and giving me the most gorgeous smile. I nod at him the give him my card. "Thank you...Dior," he reads my name then hands my card and receipt back.

"You work here?" He asks

"You work here?" He asks. I nod, "Well nice meeting you and check your recipe mama," I then give him a small smile then get outta the line and find the nearest table.

I then look at the receipt just to see his number with a little smiley face, I just giggle, shake my head, and of course text him. I then wait to get my food and for him to text back.

Chick-fil-A nigga🤤: nice to meet you, you're gorgeous asf. but what time you get off? i wanna drop by.

I reply: thank youuu and at 5.
Chick-fil-A nigga🤤: well ima see you.

I reply: bet

Chick-fil-A nigga🤤: girl don't bet me😂

I then finish up my meal real quick and head back to work. I hate retail.
. . .

"Helloooo," I look up from my book and place it by the register. It's Keen.

"Yes ma'am?" I ask and laugh a little confused. "Why're you here?"

"You didn't reply and we're best friends so I decided to come check on you-" interrupting Keen comes Nate.

"No need, I got her," I smile at him because he's honestly so damn fine.

Keen then glares at Nate for good second then me.

"Who the fuck is this nigga?" He asks and I just laugh a little.

"Just someone I met today, apparently we work right by each other. Crazy huh?" Keen nods slowly and pulls me to the side.

"Well you needa put him in his place, the nigga just met you and he's becoming all defensive. I don't trust him or like him. Stop talking to him yo," I look at him like he's grown another head because he has me fucked up.

Just because he doesn't want me doesn't me no one else will either.

"Keen shut the hell up," I then roll my eyes and head back over to Nate. "So what's up," I ask and I can seen Keen leave from the corner of my eyes.

"Nothing much but I'm tryna hang after you get off. You down?" I think about it for a little then nod.

"Okay so text me your address and I'll pick you up later today. Sounds Gucci?" I nod and he smiles then turns and leave.

"Umm excuses me, I've been waiting to checkout," I hear a customer behind me and can't help but to roll my eyes. But then I turn around and fake smiling, while anticipating the date I have later.
...

After waking up from my nap, I shower and shave then look at the clock to notice it's 7:23.

He says he'll pick me up at 8 so I have plenty of time to get ready.

Keeping my hair in the shower cap and tightening up my towel, I sit on my bathroom counter and get to baking. After a light contour, lashes, and lip gloss I hop down and find something to wear.

After deciding on oversized boyfriend jeans, a white tank top, and my white Yeezys. I decide to bring my puff lime green jacket incase I get code.

Then I take my brown LV purse and look one more time in the mirror admiring my fit.

I then hear my phone ding, seeing an old message from Keen and a new one from Nate

Keen💛: I ain't mean to storm out later it's just that I want the best for you yo.

I reply: it's ok lol, love you keeny bear

Chick-fil-A nigga🤤: outside.

I hurry up and head downstairs, then rush to his black Jeep only to see he has the door held open me.

He smiles on my arrival, "Ready mamas?" He asks and I can't help but blush.