Chapter 1

Chapter 1~

<Taylor's POV>

"Erica!" I yelled across the living room.

"What?" She yelled back from the kitchen.

"Can you get me a coke, please?" I yelled throwing my head back and looking up at the ceiling while I waited for an answer.

"Here." She said plopping down next to me in our game room with a coke in each hand.

"Thank you." I smiled crossing my legs like you do in kindergarten and opening my coke.

"What do you wanna play?" She asked looking through our multitude of games.

"Fifa?" I smiled brightly knowing she doesn't like the game too much.

"Okay." She said putting the game in while I clapped my hands.

"Yay." I smiled grabbing my controller and setting my coke down on the coffee table in front of our couch.

"Get ready to loose." Erica smirked sitting next to me and putting her feet on the table.

"Are you talking to yourself?" I smirked back.

"Oh, shut up and let's play." She groaned not being able to come up with a good come back.

"Fine by me." And it was on.

Let me clear up this random situation for you right now. I'm Taylor. Erica is my step sister that lives with me. My dad lives in California with my brother Kyle and my mom and step dad, Tyler, live together in Illinois. I hate both places really. California is too humid and hot, and Illinois is, well, just boring. So Erica and I live together in Michigan in an apartment funded by my mom and step dad. My dad pays for food and electricity by automatically having his bank account send payments to our landlord and by giving me a debit card that he puts large amount of money into just incase. Honestly, I love it. I just miss them sometimes, but Kyle is doing great in his soccer career at UCLA, dad is making bank in his company, same with mom and Tyler. Erica and I have fun here, too. Shes my best friend really.

Our apartment is awesome, too. It's more like a loft. It has 5 rooms, 3 bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room, and a balcony. We each have a room to ourselves with separate bathrooms and walk in closets. We turned one of the other rooms into a gaming room with a large U couch, a coffee table in the middle, shelves of games, a plasma screen TV, and many pillows and blankets scattered everywhere. The second free room is our study. It has two desks on either side, a wall book shelf filled with pretty much every book, our lap tops, and a stereo since we like listening to music while we study and do homework. The last room is our guest room. It has two queen beds that were meant for if my dad and brother or my mom and step dad visit, but it's actually mostly used for when our friends come over. Don't get me wrong, our family does visit, just not as much as our friends sleep over.

While I am at explaining I'll just tell you why we are here and our family isn't and everything else. First things first, family. We all originally lived here. But then my dad got the chance to take over the company he worked at in California, my brother got accepted to UCLA, and my mom and step dads jobs got moved. Erica and I didn't have a reason to go. Plus, I have swim team in my high school and our studies to finish here, so we stayed. In high school, we made friends with Nate, Hayes, Jace, and Skylar after everyone moved away. We lost all our friends considering we had to move to an apartment because our house was too big for just us two. We ended up moving different high schools. The guys are awesome, though. Erica is dating Jace even. And I'm dating Hayes. We are now in our Senior year in high school.

"I win! You loose!" Erica yells as we finish our game.

"Yeah. Yeah. Whatever." I rolled my eyes. She continued jumping in her seat until I screamed loudly because of someone putting there hands over my eyes.