Chapter 15 - Lady Athenos

When we pulled up in front of Montre, I wasn't surprised. I had dressed more appropriately this time. I chose a royal blue lace high-low strapless dress, with my black pumps and a silver clutch. I felt much more accurately dressed upon walking inside. Zeke lead me to the same table we sat at when we met Demetri and Zachary. There were two beautiful young women, one with fire red hair and emerald eyes, and the other with silver hair and eyes so light silver that they could almost be considered white. They looked up at us as Zeke cleared his throat then pulled out a chair for me to sit. I quickly took my seat as two sets of emerald and silver eyes watched my every move. 

The redhead immediately extended her hand. "Hello Lailah, I'm Evanoreen Shamut, the current leader of the Shamut clan and witch representative on the Council. I've been dying to meet you since you met my grandmother several weeks ago." I grabbed her hand and shook it as she continued. "Nana said you had deep power welling within you, and she wasn't kidding." She smiled sweetly and released my hand. 

"Well, uh, thank you?" She giggled. "You don't have to be nervous around me. I'm the same age as you." I stared at her mouth agape. "H-how is a 23-year-old the witch representative. Why not your mother?" Her eyes flashed sadness for a quick second, before regaining their cheery composure. "She was attacked by Kamatayans when I was two. She didn't make it, so Nana stepped down and appointed my aunt, and took care of me until I turned 23, and could officially take over. I could also ask you the same question." I liked her. Our situations were so similar although she grew up knowing of this world.

I glanced over at the silver-haired woman. "Hi, you must be Whisper." I held my hand out and she looked at it in disgust. "Child, I may look young but I am very very old. I am the Queen of the Fae, and you should take care to address me as such." I quickly dropped my hand back into my lap as Zeke leaned back in his seat entertained. "Whisper, if memory serves, the Athenos family is the leader of the Council, correct?" She glared at him unanswering. "So, may I remind you that this here is Lailah Athenos, daughter of Evangeline, heir to the Athenos fortune, and rightful leader of the Council. So I would remember your place, your highness." He said it mockingly and I had to fight back a giggle.

The look on her face was priceless. It was a mix of anger, shock, and embarrassment. "Apologies, Lady Lailah." She didn't make eye contact. I looked at Zeke with a questioning glance. He leaned over and whispered in my ear, "The leader of the Council is addressed formally with titles of nobility, Lord or Lady. The Athenos are descendants of kings and queens, and over the years the nobility remained. You outrank the Queen on the Council, but if you set foot in her territory she outranks you." 

He turned back to the two women sitting across from us. "Ladies, I present to you Lailah Athenos, daughter of Evangeline and the rightful leader of the council. Do you accept her as your leader?" Whisper scoffed. "She's young, inexperienced, and knows nothing of our world and you want me to accept her?" Zeke nodded, folding his hands on the table. "Well, of course, I accept you Lady Lailah," I noticed she was calling me by the proper title now that Zeke had mentioned it. "Besides, Nana would kill me if I said no." She smiled and tilted her head in a small bow. 

Whisper soon followed, just offering a small bow and a simple "Yes." Zeke smiled and stood. "Well, my dear friends, we've had a very long day and will be on our way, enjoy your lunch." Zeke winked at Evanoreen and then dragged me behind him. "That's it?" He didn't turn back as we made our way to his car. "No, you aren't official till you turn. Tali born or not, a human will never sit in a Council chair let alone the lead chair. It's forbidden." "Oh." 

When we arrived at my house I was exhausted. I hugged Zeke goodbye and stepped into my house, thankful to be home. I shut the door and locked it then made my way up the stairs to my room, stopping outside my door when I noticed the hairs on the back of my neck standing up and sending a chill down my spine. Someone's here. I turned around and scanned my living room, kitchen, and the loft area. Nothing. I slowly cracked the door to my bedroom, and peeked inside, I didn't see anything right away. Creeping slowly in I noticed a lump in the bed. What the- 

"Andri?" A soft groan was the only reply. I moved closer to the bed, my eyes finally adjusting to the darkness in my room, although it didn't take as long as it used to. "C'mere, my rose." Andrian held his arms open, and I smiled. I stripped out of my dress and heels then climbed into my bed and into his arms. He held me close and tugged at my bra. "Take this crap off." His voice was gravelly and sleep ridden but sexy all the same. I did as asked and he rolled us so that I was on my back and his head was on my chest, his arms still wrapped around me. "Goodnight Andri." He was already snoring, those soft snores lulling me to sleep as well.

The next morning I woke to an empty bed, yet again. I sat up the sheets pooling around my waist. "Damn not even a goodbye?" I stretched and yawned, "Who didn't say goodbye?" I jumped at Andri's voice. "I made you breakfast in bed." I smiled and watched as his eyes raked over me and darkened in response. "Thank you," I leaned up against my headboard and took the tray and digging into the strawberry and creme crepes. "Mmmh suh gud." He laughed. "What was that?" I swallowed the mouthful of sweet fluffy goodness. "I said 'so good'. Where did you learn to make these?" 

"France. I learned from a chef who owned the best crepe shops in all of France." I looked at him in awe. "Wow, you've really gotten to see the world through the different time periods. That's so cool." He chuckled and sat on the edge of the bed next to me. "Yeah I did, but it was lonely. Now I have you, and we can go wherever you'd like." I finished my last bite and pushed the tray aside. "I'd like that." His lips met mine and his arms snaked around my waist. "Now it's my turn for breakfast. He pushed me back and started tugging my panties down. "What dirty thoughts you have." He smiled a wicked grin. "Only for you," then descended beneath the sheets.