Chapter 10 - Sentiment And Hoarding

I sat on the edge of my bed waiting for Andrian to leave the bathroom. I needed to shower and inspect myself for bruises. I just knew I was going to be sore tomorrow.

"You know you can reject me." I dragged myself away from my thoughts and glanced up at him. He had a towel wrapped very low around his waist which made me groan internally.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I pried my eyes away from his lower half. "You can reject me as your other half. I know you claim not to like me."

I tapped my chin. "What would happen?" He ran his fingers through his wet hair and leaned against the wall. "Well, you wouldn't feel that desire or the tingling feeling anymore. But you would also never get another mate." I nodded slowly. "What would happen to you?"

He wouldn't look at me. "Well, I'd pretty much lose all interest in life because I actually want to be with you. Even though you irritate me." I stared at him. I didn't know what to say. I mean, what do you say?

"So if you want to all you have to do is say my name and tell me you reject me. My name is Andrian Joshua Yokova." I thought about it. I knew immediately, however, that I wouldn't be able to reject him because like it or not, I kind of like him. Although I'll never admit that to him. If I did stand by my pride, I'd never meet another person that I feel like this with. Just tell him you're not going to reject him already. I wanted him to sweat a little though.

I swallowed my pride - which was difficult- and sighed. He glanced up at me. "Andrian Yokova," I paused for dramatic effect. He visibly cringed and bowed his head. It made my heart hurt. "I do not reject you as my soulmate." His head shot up, and the look in his eyes made my stomach squeeze. There was love, hope and deep dark churning desire that ignited my want for him yet again. "You accept me?"

I nodded. "Say it out loud. You have to say it out loud." He sounded desperate, his eyes pleading. As if this was all he ever wanted or needed in his life. "I accept you, Andrian." He was across the room in seconds, enveloping me into his arms. I had never seen him like this. Usually, he was a smart-ass or a tease; there was nothing else - until now. He wrapped one arm around my waist and the other cradled my head, as he buried his face into my hair. 

I was frozen in place shocked by how tender he was being. "Uh," I coughed uneasily. "Who are you and what have you done with Andrian?" He squeezed me tighter. "I've been looking for you for 479 years, and now you're here, and accepting me. It feels like a dream." I scoffed and pulled myself from his arms. "Look, slick, this doesn't mean I have feelings of affection for you," Hurt flashed in his eyes, so I modified my sentence. "Yet." He smiled, and I slipped past him into the bathroom. 

Alright time for the damage assessment. I lifted my tank top off and stared at myself in the mirror. No bruises, yet. Just some red marks and tender spots. I stripped down the rest of the way and hopped in the shower. The hot water felt amazing on my sore muscles. Yes, I was already sore, don't judge. A knock on the door brought me out of my thoughts. "One second." I could hear Andrian's muffled voice on the other side saying something about having to leave, but he would text me later. 

When I finally got out of the shower, I decided just to put on a t-shirt and a pair of panties and crawled into bed. I didn't care that it was only eight at night, I was tired. I fell asleep in the middle of a text to Zeke stating that I started my training.

I woke up from a sound downstairs in the kitchen. I sat straight up and listened carefully. What I would give to have Zeke's - well a Tali's - hearing right now. Another banging sound rang out in the silence of my apartment. Oh, God. Someone has to be in here. I got up and crept to my bedroom door thankful that I kept it shut, and snuck it open just enough to see out over the railing into the living room. Nothing. Am I imagining things now? Or am I dreaming? I snuck the door open a few more inches and peeked my head out so I could see further into the living room and kitchen. Someone in all black, moving so fast I barely caught it, was in the kitchen.