Part 1

*EMMA'S POV*

It had been a year since me and Jay officailly broke up. Which means it has been a year where I've been happy with Nathan.

He's totally different from Jay. He actually treats me like his girlfriend. He tells me he loves me. He doesn't cheat on me while he's away. And he rings or texts me every night just to see how my day was. I love Nathan and I'm far more happy with him than I ever was with Jay.

The bonus of now being in a relationship with Nathan is that Jay is extremely jealous. He now realises what he had and what he's lost; which is everything that he ever loved. He's doing everything to prove how much he loved me but nothing will ever take away the pain and the hurt that he caused me in the last two years we were together. I don't know why I even stayed with him for that long - I guess I just thought he would actually change before it was too late.

He had me and he lost me. Looks like cheating with Nathan could have been one of the best decisions I ever made while I was with Jay. It just showed me that first looks of people can be decieving. I thought Jay was the one for me and we were always going to be together but then when everything went wrong; Max and Nath were the only two people there for me.

I never actually told people that me and Nathan had just started talking and getting closer to each other. They all assumed we slept with each other after a drunken night out; but that's not what happened. We were both perfectly sober and I did it to get revenge on Jay, Nathan didn't know that at the time and as soon as he found out; he refused to sleep with me again. But when he found out what Jay was doing to me, he felt sorry for me. He would come round and comfort me. Soon that comfort turned to other things and I became just as bad as Jay. I got into a relationship with Nathan before I'd even finished with Jay; but he didn't care. Nathan just wanted to be there for me and I wanted him to be there for me. He was the only person that loved me and made me feel safe while Jay was out with other girls. He means everything to me now and I'm not going to give him up to go running back to Jay just because he misses me and wants me back. It's going to take a lot more than an apology for me to even consider forgiving him.

Until then, I'm with Nathan and that's the way it's staying!