Part 5

*EMMA'S POV*

See, there is something that I haven't told anyone. Well, actually there are two things that I haven't told anyone...not even Nathan knows about them and as I was in the bedroom getting ready for the night out; it dawned on me that I was going to have to tell him soon.

See, these were two pretty big secrets I was keeping from him. One of them won't be a secret for much longer though, the other one I've managed to keep secret for all this time. One these secrets is that Max George ismy older brother. I ran away from home in Manchester when I was 15 and no one bothered to come looking for me; probably hoping I would go back home. But I couldn't go back there since none of them would ever listen to me. It was always about Max. How well Max was doing. What Max was going to do in the future. How proud they were of Max. They never wanted to know how I was doing, they never cared if I was doing well so I just packed my stuff one night and left. Never to go back there.

Only being 15 when I ran away, I had no idea what I was doing. I had no money, no where to live and no idea what I was going to. I wasn't exactly an intelligent child either and I got into loads of things that I shouldn't have - drugs and alcohol. By the time I turned 16, I was taking three different types of drug and was drinking pretty much every single day. It's fair to say that I had a pretty rough time once I ran away from home. Max did try contacting me a few times during that time, but I always ignored him - it seemed he only cared about me now that I was gone and I wasn't going to be foolish enough to stand for that. He didn't care about me enough while I was at home to stick up for me when my mum was shouting at me so why should he care now that I'm not at home and was doing all that bad stuff. A couple of months before I turned 17, I realised that I needed to change my life and I needed to change it now...what I was doing could have killed me. That's when I moved to Nottingham, found a decent job and rented myself a nice little room; just until I had the money. I was doing that for about a year until it reached my 18th birthday which is when I found my job at Primark and the other one at the restaurant and I rented the flat which I was living in at the time I met Jay. I've never told any of the boys about my past and when Max found out it was me Jay was dating, he told me there and then he was never going to let me out of his sight again. He's the only one who knows about my past, being my brother and all that, but the others don't need to know. That was a bad time in my life and I have moved on from that. I sorted myself out and now I'm happy with my life.

Max and I both agreed it was for the best that we didn't tell the others he was my brother because they might have said something and Nathan might have thought it was a bit weird that he was dating his best friend and band mate's younger sister. One of the reasons I think that we're going is to celebrate Nathan's 18th birthday in style since we didn't really get a chance to do that. Nathan went back ti Gloucester to see his family, of course I went with him because he was desperate to introduce me to his family. Karen and Jess were so nice, they made me feel like part of the family almost straight away and they didn't mind that me and Nath were sharing his bed - I don't know why they would since I am his girlfriend, but I know what some parent's are like when it comes to that sort of thing. But they loved me and said that they looked forward to seeing me again soon. I couldn't wait to see them again, they were like the family I never got to have because of the mistakes I made during my childhood.

As I pulled the dress on which Nathan his picked out for me, I looked down at my stomache. You could definately tell I was putting on weight but I wasn't putting weight on from eating too much..I was pregnant with Nathan's baby and I still hadn't found the courage to tell him. I couldn't tell Nathan that he was going to be a father. I'm just scared that he'll tell me to leave and I'll be left to bring the baby up on my own; I just cpuldn't do that. I sat down on the edge of the bed and slowly pulled my shoes onto my feet. They were a simple black design with a low heel, I knew I would be helping Nathan homw tonight and I didn't really want to kill myself - that reminds me, I need to tidy up this bedroom tomorrow. It's an absolute tip. I was taken from my thoughts by a gentle whisper in my ear and I turned to see that it was Max. He was sat there with the biggest smile ever on his face.