Part 9

*EMMA'S POV*

I saw Jay walk out of the kitchen with tears silently rolling down his cheeks. I'm guessing him and Nathan had the talk that they needed to have.

Don't get me wrong, I did feel bad for him and I wish things could be different between us. I love Nathan now and I'm carrying his child. It would be nice to think Jay can be happy for us and not try to use things we've done wrong to split us up. I would also like to think that Jay and myself could still be friends, despite everything that has happened. I don't want to lose him all together but I don't want him thinking it means more than it does.

Tom had left me by this point, so I was just sat on the sofa by myself watching the end of the Jeremmy Jyle which Tom had put on before he left. It wasn't the best thing on TV but it was rather funny - seeing Jeremy put all those chavs in their places. I found it all very amusing. I was too busy laughing that I hadn't notice Nathan walk into the room so when I turned around and saw him stood behind me, it's far to say he scared the crap out of me; which to him was very amusing.

"Did I scare you babe?" he laughed at me.

"No shit!" I replied sarcastically.

"Not my fault that you didn't notice me..." he replied as he sat down on the sofa next to him. Once he had sat down, I put my legs across his lap and he placed his hands on top of them.

"Guessing you and Jay had a little chat?"

"Yes we had a chat. He told me that he was going to leave us alone and he was going to get over you..." Nathan smiled at me.

"That's easier said than done with Jay. He did love me at one point and he still does love me, so I'll believe it when I see it!" I replied.

"I suppose you're right, but let us give him the benefit if the doubt"

"Guess we should...have you seen some of the stuff which has been put on Twitter?" I laughed as I cquickly changed the topic as I didn't want to talk about Jay for any longer than we had to. He had told Nath the same thing that he had told me, now it's time for him to prove just how much he means it.

"Well, I've got a lot of people who didn't want it to be true and a few who think you're amazing so are very happy for us. Not that I care..." he smiled softly at me.

"Well, I've heard jealousy is a bitch" I replied with the same smile he gave me. I deicided to move to I changed the way that I was sitting. I placed my head gently on Nathan's chest and he placed one arm around me while he used the other to stroke the top of my head, I loved it when he did that. Although it did often make me feel sleepy, I think he knew that and he just wanted me to relax and be happy.

"I love you Nath!" I mumbled as I slowly began closing my eyes.

"I love you too Em and I love our baby!" he replied, placing a soft kiss on my cheek.

"I think we should go out tonight...just you and me?" I suggested as I looked up and saw his big green eyes looking back down at me.

"Where do you wanna go?" he asked.

"I don't know, surprise me. You haven't done that in a while..." I smiled.

"I'll have a think then and I'll surprise you!" he replied as I looked back towards the TV, my eyes closing and then opening every few seconds. I was going to fall asleep shortly, especially with being this close to Nathan and having him stroke the top of my head.

"You two alright?" I heard Max ask, it seemed that he had finally joined the land of the living again.

"I'm fine mate and you?" Nathan replied happily.

"Apart from this headache, yeah I'm great. You alright sis?" he asked looking in my direction but I couldn't speak so I just nodded at him which caused him to laugh.

"I think someone is a little tired..."

"Shut up Max. You might be my older brother, but I'll still slap you!" I managed to reply before I closed my eyes for the final time and disappeared into the land of dreams.

*MAX'S POV*

Well, safe to say last night was a good night. I woke up on the floor with the world's worst hangover. Always a sign of a good night in my opinion.

I loved seeing my sister happy and that's exactly what Nathan made her...happy. When she was happy, then I was happy. I'm so excited to be an uncle. Admittedly, I wasn't expecting to be an uncle at this young age but I'm still an uncle and that's going to be an amazing experience. With Nathan being 18 and Em being 19, I do worry that they won't be able to cope sometimes but it's not a major concern for me. I'll be here to help them and I'm sure Tom and Seev will also be more than happy to help. As for Jay. I have no idea if he'll help or if he'll just start trouble on purpose.

As I looked at her sleeping on Nathan, it brought a smile to my face. He was so protective of her and not because she's my sister. He's always been protective of her after everything which happened between her and Jay. But it was because you could see the love which was felt between the two of them.

"What are you smiling at?" Nathan asked as he looked at me.

"Just you and Em..you really love her, don't you?"

"Of course I love her. She means everything to me and I never want to lose her but I don't love her because she's your sister. I love her because I think she's amazing and perfect the way that she is!" he replied with a massive smile appearing across his face as spoke.

"As long as you keep making her happy, I'm happy. I don't want to see her hurt in the way that Jay hurt her because it killed me knowing how upset she was and knowing I couldn't do anything to stop that pain..."

"Max, stop worrying. I'm never going to hurt her and if I do, then you can kill me!" he laughed at me. I was being a bit sill, of course Nathan wasn't going to hurt her. They were having a baby together and they had been together for over a year now with no problems of any kind. I just want to make sure my baby sister is always going to be loved, always going to be protected and always going to be taken care of.

"You got a deal there!" I joked and he just smiled at me. I took my phone out of my pocket and snapped a quick picture of the pair of them and uploaded it to Twiter with the caption;

@EmmaThomas, mummy-to-be must be tired and she wasn't even drinking! ;)

I laughed quietly to myself as I shoved my phone back into my pocket and sat back to enjoy the football which Nathan had now put on - Chelsea vs Liverpool. This was going to be an exciting game.