Parting ways

In the morning, we all boarded our boats. The lady passed out gifts. Sam got Elven rope, Frodo got the phial of Galadriel, Legolas got a new bow and so did I. It was a really lovely bow, which matched my outfit I hadn't payed much attention to. It was dark green and brown, the boots a slightly darker green than the rest. I got also a quiver of arrows, which were as lovely as the bow itself. Aragorn, Sam, and Frodo were in their own boat, as well as Boromir, Merry and Pippin. I was in a boat with Legolas and Gimli.

"We are nine again." Said Legolas, referring to me joining the fellowship. I looked down at my green Lothlorien brooch. It matched everyone else's, but still felt quite unique. I guess I am an official member of the fellowship, now.

I looked at my reflection in the river. I looked so different, for a moment I didn't realize it was me! I had long, strait, dark hair that went to about my waist. My skin was paler, and had no acne (finally!!!). I had a thinner face and higher cheekbones. And I loved my eyes. At home, they are a honeyish brownish color. But here, they were gray-blue. Like the sea after a storm. I admired my reflection a while, then turned to Gimli.

"What did the lady give you?" I asked him, already knowing what it was.

"I asked her for a single hair from atop her golden head to wrought into a gem and make it an heirloom of my family. She gave me three."

I smiled down at Gimli. "Well then, we elves can't be that bad if you wanted her hair so much."

Gimli thought for a moment. "I suppose not."

Legolas stopped rowing and turned around. "Can I get that in writing?"

We all laughed together. It was awesome laughing with Legolas and Gimli.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soon, we stopped at the western shore. The plan was, to go to the eastern side, hide the boats, and continue on foot. I knew what was going to happen, and knew I had to pick one of three ways to turn. Go with Pippin and Merry. But I'd have to deal with the orcs to get to Fangorn Forest. Sam and Frodo. I was seriously considering this path, but that'd take me straight to Mordor, and Gollum would be a problem. Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli. We'd hunt for Pippin and Merry and find Gandalf, but he might give away my secret of not knowing him. I knew I'd have to make a choice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had still not made my conclusion on who to travel with. I noticed Frodo walk away, while Sam cooked dinner. I didn't say anything because I knew what was coming up. I didn't see Boromir leave, but I noticed his shield had been abandoned. I grew nervous. 'I'll search for Frodo with Sam, and then go with Legolas, Aragorn and Gimli. ' I thought. 'We seemed to get along on the boat. And I want to bade Frodo goodbye and good luck.'

As soon as we realized Frodo was gone, Sam and I went to search for him.

"Mr. Frodo!" Called Sam. "Frodo!"

"Wait, Sam. Don't go warning every Orc on the eastern shore that we're coming. Use your wits. Where do you think he would've gone?" It took Sam a while, but eventually, I helped him narrow it down. And just in time, too. Frodo was leaving when we got there.

"Wait Mr. Frodo!!!"

"No Sam."

Sam kept trying to wade through the water to get to Frodo.

"I'm going to Mordor alone, Sam."

"O'course you are! But not without me!"

"You can't swim!" Sam was getting deeper and deeper until he couldn't stand. I watched him go under from behind a bush. It was really hard not to go and save him. "SAM!!!"

I saw Frodo paddle as fast as he could, and pull Sam out of the water. I was so relieved.

"I made a promise Mr. Frodo. A promise! Don't you leave him, Samwise Gamgee. And I don't mean to. I don't mean to."

"Oh, Sam!" Frodo hugged him. I know I always cry at this scene, but in person, it was even more emotional. It's weird to see it from this angle. To know them personally before seeing them off. A tear rolled down my cheek. "Bye, guys! Namarë!" I whispered hoarsely. A stupid smile spread across my face. I really hope I get to see them again.